Sunday, October 5, 2008

Time to Simplify

It just feels like a night to blog.

This weekend was the kind that make the word love seem tangible. It is like yeah, this is what it is like to love and be loved, ya know? I think the main thing is that conference was this weekend, so the Spirit has filled our home and our hearts for two full days. What a blessing to have such sweet simple council given to us by our sincere, humble leaders. I think the main thing I got from Conference was the word SIMPLIFY. I am guilty of trying to fill every minute with something! I think it is good to have daily moments to hold still, breathe deeply, and saturate the mind and body with gratitude to Heavenly Father for the blessings of life! So, I am here tonight after spending the evening with my sweet little family. We went on a walk and admired the beautiful mountains that surround us. We lit the fire in our living room, turned down the lights, read stories to the girls, and snuggled together. It was a perfect evening. I am grateful. I am blessed. Slow Deep Breath, Life is wonderful...


To give you an idea of the rest of the weekend, here goes: we went shopping, fixed the car, watched Iron Man with friends, visited both parents, spent time with Grandma Helen, had a girls party while the boys in my family went to Priesthood Session, stayed up way too late, cleaned the car seat after a little potty accident, had a huge family Sunday brunch at Jen and Chad's house (I am still full.), took naps, made Halloween decorations, and watched it rain and rain and rain. Pretty simple weekend eh? :)

3 comments:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

We watched Iron Man this weekend, too! Was it as violent and gorry as you thought it would be? OMG, I didn't know what to expect and I almost couldn't watch it. The kids left in the first few minutes and put their own movie in. Whew...I'm glad my life isn't like that movie.

Marky said...

What a wonderful weekend it was with conference!! I loved all the speakers, and you could really feel the spirit! Sounds like you had a great weekend with your family!

Jessie Jo said...

I miss the mountains, and the rain, a fireplace oh...the simple life. How do we do that again??