Monday, October 27, 2008

"Oh, we all went over the Mountain..."

...to see what we could see!
Saturday was the day of the big hike! Mom, Jenny, Eva, Cindee and I went on a hike up and over the mountain. It was about 6.5 miles and it took about 5 hours. Why did we do this? Well, just take a look at the pictures and you will find out why!

Here we are by the cool waterfall. This was only about a mile up the trail. It is an amazing place to visit in the winter because it looks like beautiful ice crystals when it is frozen.


Mom and I showing off by the waterfall.Four hours into the hike and still smiling...

Jen and Mom looking out at the beautiful valley view. It was an amazing site!
Here is the small mistake of the hike. We call it, "the scramble." Someone decided that it would be a shortcut to hike up this old river bed instead of staying on the trail. It doesn't look very steep, but believe me, it is!!! We were slipping and sliding all over the place. So much for blazing our own trail. It really just shot Cindee's knee out, and gave the rest of us a really good thigh workout!

Me at the summit! It was windy!
Here is the view over the back side of the mountain. It was a welcome site...except for the SNOW! Who would have thought there would be snow up there?
The LODGE! This is a beautiful lodge. They were having a Halloween Party up there that night so it was all festive and decorated cute!

Jen and Cindee on the gondola riding down the mountain. Jenny was glad to be warm and Cindee was glad to be sitting down!

Mom, me, and Eva on the gondola. Can you tell by my hair do that it was windy! Whew, I am glad we didn't have to hike down. The ride was fun!

The view out the gondola. Dinner...here we come!!!

So, who wants to go with us next year????

We all ate dinner in the lodge at the bottom. Dad came up to get us. It was seriously a great day to spend with my mom and sisters. The lady at the restaurant was impressed that we had hiked all the way up and over. When we told her, she looked at mom and said, "EVEN YOU???" We all laughed.

What a great hike.

7 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

LOVED our hike and day together.
LOVED reading your post!!
When is the next one? I am so ready to go again!!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Adelle, that looks like so much fun! Chris and I were just talking today about getting in shape so that I can go skiing, and he can snomobile! Really, so that we can do some of that hiking stuff with our girls next summer! I LOVE to hike. That's how I lost so much weight the first time :) Now that's a great girls day out!!

Marky said...

Wow.. I'm so impressed!! That is so fun you guys do that together, I wouldn't even make it a quarter of the way.. It looks so beautiful!!

Sharstin said...

that seriously looks like so much fun!! way to go girlies!

Matt said...

Shoulda gone with!

Lindsey Rose said...

Adelle that is so fun! i love hiking and have not been in forever! That is my idea of a good time! Way to go!

Natalie said...

WOW Adelle. Your family is amazing! I am just amazed at the closeness you guys have and all you do for and with each other! What great examples you guys are...and what fun the hike must have been!! Unforgettable, I'm sure.