Friday, October 10, 2008

Love Serving 30

Since I have been living more north, I have been lucky enough to spend more time with my great sister Jenny. We have both been wanting to pick up Tennis, so we figured this would be the summer to do it! Cord and I have a tennis court across the street from our house in the community park. (It was just another reason I think I was supposed to move here!)

I took this from my front porch. That little sidewalk by the rock is the path to the park...

So, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings we get together with the little girls, Shaye, Libby, and Natalie and play tennis. The girls play at the park and push Natty around in her stroller and Jen and I practice our skills on the court. It has been super fun! I seriously look forward to it. I think we might be getting better too! It has been a great way to get some exercise, have some fun, and learn a new sport. I am sad to see the season come to a close.

Yesterday, we took some pictures so we could remember all the fun we had this summer. You better believe we will be back at it again next year!

Here is Jenny. Doesn't she look like a natural holding that racket?

I think that the fleece striped pants are a great statement don't you?
The girls needed a picture too...

Peek-a-boo! Some "hooded sneak" action for my college girls!

And by the way...Jen and I are ready for some doubles if anyone is up for a challenge! :)

5 comments:

Marky said...

How fun to learn something new, and especially fun to do it with your sister!!

Lindsey Rose said...

How fun is that? You guys look like professionals! Tennis is a sport I always wanted to try and never have so maybe you can give me some pointers. I hear it it a great workout too.

BTW I totally forgot about us doing the choreographey for Joseph!!! That brought back come great memories! Thanks! You are a great friend!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

You know, Chris played Tennis in High School, and he and his brothers and nephews almost always play in the little tournament they have each year down here in Pleasant Grove at Strawberry Days. He's really good. I told him that he needs to teach Bree. Because even though I played all kinds of sports growing up, that's the one I didn't play :) I guess he needs to teach me too!!

Natalie said...

I love it! Especially the hooded picture, that was AWESOME! It was fun chatting with you the other day.

I'm Jenny said...

I am already having Tennis withdrawls... Maybe we can sneak in a few more games when the weather gets a little better!! Watch out Williams sisters!! :)