Monday, July 28, 2014

Dressed in White

My mom made Libby the most beautiful baptism dress!  Cindee was so nice, and spent an evening taking pictures of my sweet Libby so we can always remember how precious she looked in her special white gown.  I love this little girl so much!








 
This beautiful little Lady got baptized and became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this past Saturday on July 26th.  She had a special baptism program with her cousin Jack.  It was such a fun day.  We had a whole room full of friends and family there to support us.  Lorna offered a beautiful prayer.  My dad gave a talk on baptism and then Libby and Jack were baptized.  It was perfect.  After they were dressed and dry, they were confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost.  All of the cousins sang the song When I am Baptized.  Jenn and Shaye gave a darling talk about the Holy Ghost.  Eva and I made the kids a soft and cozy minky blanket to have as a reminder that the Holy Ghost will always be there to comfort them.  And my mom closed the meeting with a heart felt prayer.  The program was about an hour long.  I thought it was a very special and spiritual event.  I am so proud of Libby for being such a good example and for choosing to be baptized.  She is an amazing daughter of God. 




This pictures was taken right after the baptism program.  It makes my heart happy.
 

After the baptism, we all headed over to Ryan's house for a lunch and birthday party!  It was a beautiful day.  We set up plenty of tables and shade canopy's so people could eat and chat and relax.  Brooke's parents gave us pretty table cloths and runners for the tables.  They looked fancy with white cloths and burlap and lace runners.  Allison and Libby picked sunflowers to put on all the tables.  



We sang a happy birthday song to Libby and Jack.  All the kids thought the doughnut cake was pretty fantastic!  It was a great great day! 

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

So sad that we missed Libby's Baptism. What a special Day! I can still remember how amazing Bree's Baptism was. I'm sure Libby's was so Wonderful!!! :) Yay!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! She is beautiful. Congratulations! Aunt Marty