Her birthday treats were pretty tasty. We dipped marshmallows in colored Ghiradelli white chocolate and then topped them off with tootsie rolls. They weren't perfect, but that didn't really matter. :) The kids had fun making them!
After dinner we walked across the street to swim. My neighbor was happy to let us crash her pool. It is such a beautiful place to swim.
After swimming we pained nails and got totally glittery!
Each of the girls mixed up their own batch of Chocolate Face Mask. It's a recipe from Dr. Oz. It was supposed to do all sorts of good things to the skin, but really, we just liked the fact that it was chocolate!
Aren't they cute?! I think Libby had a great time at her party!
On her actual birthday, she got her ears pierced!
She was so brave. I was a bit distracted at the store trying to keep an eye on the other kids. Oliver was running around like a mad man. So, Libby had to be brave all by herself. She cried a little bit after the first ear, but she took some deep breaths and was able to sit for the second ear. I held her hand. :) She loves having her new fancy earnings in. She feels extra beautiful because they are "real gold." She is looking so grown up!

************
I was able to have some girl time this past week as well! My mom gave me a ticket to see Wicked at the Capitol Theater for my birthday. Awesome right?! Thursday night, my sister's and mom and Grandma went out on the town. We dressed up! We ate a fancy dinner! We were entertained at a beautiful show! I got a serious bug to go to New York and spend a few days on Broadway. I think a trip is in order. :)
I wasn't supposed to take this picture, but I didn't know that until after I already snapped it. So, I guess I will post it anyway! :) It is a beautiful theater!
It was a great night. I loved being with my girl's and having some adult time. The show was so good. I loved the music. I've been listening to the songs all week. I wish I could sing like that!
Big thanks to Cord, for getting off work early to take care of the little kiddos, so I could go play!









1 comment:
Wow, you and Libby sure were pampered this year for your Birthdays...Getaways, musicals, pampered parties. Sounds so heavenly!! Makes me want to plan something special for my Birthday. I guess we'll see. :) he..he.. Looks like tons of girl fun!!!! And Bree was here when I was reading this, and about freaked when she read that Libby got her ears pierced! She said, "first, Aleigha, and now Libby". I'm thinking she is seriously considering it? I guess we'll see.
Post a Comment