Cord and Gage participated in the Bike Parade. It was adorbes. ("Adorable" in teen lingo. Gotta stay fresh and current!) They decorated Gage's bike and Cord's Unicycle. Cord played it up, riding along on his single wheel. It is quite the site! Gage was a bit overwhelmed, and didn't take his eyes off the road...not even to smile at his mommy! He was very serious about the whole thing. He earned a free Zeeppe's Gelato, making it was soooo worth it in the end...
Ollie and I got to watch the boys ride by on their bikes and then we all watched the girl's float by on their dance float about an hour later! They were also totes adorbes. (Totally Adorable)
Beautiful parade dancers!!
Mama and the Girls. This is actually from the previous parade...but, oh well!
Here are the decorated bikes!
A little piece of heaven, that Libby and I put together.
Yum and Yum.
After our dinner, we all headed down to Barker Park for the fireworks.
It is always a beautiful place to be.
Here is my cute date for the fireworks. He let me borrow his parade hat. Like?
Ollie likes to wrestle with his uncle Dax!
Enjoying the show!!
Ollie loved the fireworks.
Fire in the sky!
***ZIPPING BACK TO THE NIGHT BEFORE THE FOURTH***
Monica watched our kids for us, so Cord and I could do a little birthday shopping. I got spoiled with an awesome new swimming suit!! I can't wait to wear it. I love it.
Monica watched our kids for us, so Cord and I could do a little birthday shopping. I got spoiled with an awesome new swimming suit!! I can't wait to wear it. I love it.
After we shopped, we picked up a bunch of Chinese food and brought it back. It was really yummy and we were all very hungry. . .
We took our fireworks over to Dax's house and the boys put on a fireworks show for the kids.
It was fun to watch our own little mini production. Cord felt a bit jipped, when he compared the box of fireworks he got from the stand for $30 to the package Monica got at Walmart for the same amount! It was a BIG difference. We decided to feel good about supporting the local economy (or something like that...)
Yay for the 4th of July, family, America, and fireworks! :)






1 comment:
I love 4th of July! There's just something so American about it :) Ha..ha.. We ARE Celebrating our Country and all. It makes Summer a little more Special :) Love the pic of your dance girls. So cute!!
Post a Comment