Monday, January 3, 2011

Arctic Expedition

Geeze, I haven't blogged since last year...have you missed me?  


You know, the best thing about the New Year holiday are all the lame jokes I get to crack.  Seriously, they make me laugh!

We spent last week at the cabin.  Boy oh boy was it a nice little get away.
It took uncle Dennis 45 minutes with sledge hammer and a shovel to dig a passageway into the front door!  Talk about snow pack.  It was awesome!

 

It felt like we were on an Arctic Expedition!  The temperatures were seriously FREEZING.  Really.  It got below zero at night and "warmed up" to about 11 during the day  Good thing we had our winter gear so we could still go out on adventures. 

The views were spectacular.  On our ride through the forest, I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings or something.  The pines were towering above us totally loaded down with piles of snow on their branches.  It was beautiful.


The snow was so dry and powerdery that it would blow up on the kids while they sledded. 
They got buried!


We warmed up by the fire.  
and talked and joked quite a bit.  
and ate yummy food.  pretty much all day.


On New Year's Eve we played Dominos until 2 in the morning!
I won.  :)
You know when you are all really tired how funny things get?
Well.  We laughed about pretty much everything.  It was a hoot.


We even had a few fireworks to welcome in the New Year.
(I watched from the window. )
Remember the arctic temps?


It was such a relaxing week.  We didn't have as many people come this year.  It felt so quiet.  The older kids loved playing with my girls and Gage.  It was like I had my own personal nanny's.  It actually felt like a vacation.  Imagine that?  I even read my book, and went to bed at nine one night! 


I love this place.

7 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

Sounds wonderful! Its nice to have a get-away, isn't it? Happy Happy New Year!

The Green's said...

That looks like so much fun!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Hmm, maybe we should have come :) I was feeling too lazy to pack up all the gear. And I got so much done at home. But it looks like a fabulous little retreat!!! Maybe I'll go up in the summer, when it's not so cold outside!

Sharstin said...

sounds like so much fun! i love all that snow! so pretty...and your pict with all the taxidermy:) happy bew year girly!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Looks so beautiful up there..........and cold!!

Eichmeiers said...

How fun is that up there! I love stayin up late and playin games, even when its not new years!! Im a gamer:) Love the pics so pretty.

Kara said...

That looks so relaxing and beautiful. What a fun little New Years get away. I'm glad you had a good time:) It is always so nice when you have people to play with your kids!