Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Tour

The Fort is (pretty much) complete.
Are you ready for the Grand Tour?  

You enter through the kitchen area. 
There is plenty of room for all the aprons and ample cooking space.
We have already whipped up quite a few meals here.
The "Chocolate Soup" has been my favorite so far.




To the left is the custom bookshelf Cord made with his new "Biscuit Cutter."  
(Guy Talk, I know.)

I hear built-in's make for great re-sale value.

It is a perfect space for storing the grocery's.  
Very accessible to the kitchen area and all that. 

Continuing on-- to the right is the dining room.
This is where we ate that delicious Chocolate Soup I told you about.
Coloring and puzzles are also done here on a regular basis.



And then my personal favorite spot is tucked under the stairs.
I picked up the dog bed, I mean, kids chair, at Tuesday Morning.  Great store.
This is where the small people can cozy up with their blankets and pillow pets to look at books,
relax and lounge around.

Cord covered it all with carpet so it would be soft all over and totally anti-spider-ish.
Isn't he clever?
He made his own "knee kicker" and everything to install the carpet on the floor.
Whew.  What a guy!


Did you also happen to notice that crazy metallic ceiling we have going on?
We thought it looked hip.  It also keeps the place warm.  And reflects the light.
Nobody wants to play in the dark.  So, we made the place sparkle.  :)

Time to get our play on.

10 comments:

Sharstin said...

ok--so cute! loving all the fun details~ can i come and play?

Eichmeiers said...

How freakin cute is that!! How fun. I bet the girls love it:) its nice to have a handy man right!! good work, so cute.

Eisha said...

pretty much the coolest thing I have ever seen...I wish you were my mum!

Steph said...

That is so darling, you are such a cute mom!

Wendy Pippin said...

LOVE IT!!

I'm Jenny said...

Turned out so cute!! And the little bed is perfect for Nat. Shaye and Gabi will love it!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Super fun stuff! A corner of the house, all for play :)

The Steel's said...

that is so cute, and so organized! Just what I like, you are always doing something fun!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! I'm sure my kids would be so jealous! You and Cord are so creative!

Kara said...

So cute! What a perfect place to play I bet your girls looove it!