Thursday, August 12, 2010

Good Times, Great Oldies

When you graduate from High School, a 10 year reunion sounds like a long time away.
(and then you blink.)
and then it happens. You are invited back to see your friends from the "good ole' days."

So, I went. And it was both incredibly awkward, and fun at the same time.

So, why all the talk about it?
My favorite thing about the reunion was that it triggered me to take a close look at my life.

(the classic self-photo. Placed here as a representation of "taking a closer look...")
I gave myself a good once-over:
Am I happy with where my life has gone?
Am I glad I am doing what I am doing?
Do I feel good about myself?
Do I love my life?
Have I accomplished the things that I dreamed about?

The ANSWER WAS A BIG OLE' FAT YES!

So, Mr. High School Reunion, thank you for giving me the opportunity to check up on myself. It was a good experience. I am sure glad that my life didn't end with H.S. Graduation. That was just the beginning of a wonderful journey!

Now, I have to say it was nice going with this cute boy at my side!
and...
Of course, I wouldn't have been nearly as motivated to go if these two girls wouldn't have been invited too!
So, so, so, glad that I had the opportunity to be friends with these two Nats. They are both some of my FAVORITE people of all time. :) I wish I could see them both more often.

ANYWAY,
I hope the next ten years are as good as these have been. It is nice to know that my life just keeps getting better with age.

6 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

You should be VERY proud of what you have accomplished! You are amazing! And you looked darling on the night of your reunion! :)

Natalie said...

Thanks for sending me the cute picture...and for being "brave" enough to take one in the first place (he he he)!! I already printed it out and have it in my special book. Wish we could have had time after the reunion to chat more...about people (not gossip, of course), funny situations, and good memories!! I loved seeing you and hanging out. And by the way, Claire has been pretending the past few days to go play at her friends house...when I ask her what friends she's playing with, she says Libby and Nat.

Kara said...

Oh the reunion! I totally agree with what you said, weird and fun at the same time. But I'm glad we all went:)

Paparazzi Boutique said...

10 years doesn't sound like much to me...but that's because last weekend I had my 20-year reunion. Gosh..I am way old compared to you. :-) Actually, Dad had his 50-year reunion last weekend as well. That's old. Guess it was reunion weekend for sure.

Sharstin said...

i am glad we went girly! it was a lot of fun~! and so fun seeing you and gage and dinner!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, I haven't been to any of my reunions. My 20th was last summer. Crazy how fast time can go!!!