Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Owls and Gumdrops

WHOOOO's Feeling Crafty?

I want my little boy to have an OWL room. For some reason I am stuck on owls right now. I haven't seen ANY cute owl bedding, so I think it is up to me to create my own. Here is my inspiration palate or whatever you call it. :) Time to start collecting fabrics, painting murals, stuffing plush owls, building wooden trees with pegs, and so forth...

At least I have three more months to finish...
(keep your eyes out for some cute accessories for me!)
Okay and since we are talking about making things, I thought I would show my latest addition to our basement project. These are some gumdrop pillows! Brighton gave me this pattern from Amy Butler...and I have been itching to make them ever since! We are using them for ottomans and for mini bean bags for the girls. I wanted to do something to add some color to the room and also make it "ours."

It was SO FUN making them. :)

Cutting out
Almost ready to stuff
Seriously? This much filling? It took a ridiculous amount of filling to get these pillows firm. I was laughing so hard at this huge bag of stuffing. We could barely fit it into the Explorer!
Here they are! All done! Time to relax.
Just took this pic of Libby. I thought she looked way to cute all curled up on this pillow!
One good thing about this boring weather is that it makes us feel very crafty! :)

More additions to come! YEAH!


9 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

Cute! I looove the owl idea! very original. Good luck!

I'm Jenny said...

Super Cute! A little S{hoot} Shoppe Room!! :)

Sharstin said...

such cute pillows/ottomans. I love owls too! fun idea~

Wendy Pippin said...

I LOVE LOVE AMY BUTLER!!! Maybe you could teach us all how to make those darling pillows...and I too love owls...

Natalie said...

I seriously never knew you were so crafty!! Super cute owl idea. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Eichmeiers said...

How cute are those!! So darling, and i love the owl idea, way cute!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

We love our gumdrop pillow Brighton made Aleigha. Yours are so cute. Good job. Hmmm...my office at work is covered with photos of owls (that's our department name....Office of Workplace Learning).

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Love the fabrics you used on your pillows!! They turned out so awesome :) And yes, it totally takes tons of stuffing! I LOVE the owls too :) If I see anything awesome, I'll let you know!

Kara said...

Those are so cute! I might have to show my sister's so we can make some I love them. Oh and they do have cute owl bedding on either potterbarn or the land of nod. But I think it is for a girl. But you could get some ideas from it! Good luck:)