Monday, February 15, 2010

Eat your heart out Mrs. Lane

As you can see, it turns out that I end up with Superman!

Cord did an act in the ward talent show last week. He combined a little juggling with some unicycle action.

The joke with the Young men in our ward is that Cord is Superman, because the minute he takes his glasses off he can do anything. (play dodge ball like a pro, killer volley ball in the sand, jam on guitar hero, tear it up in a bit of lighting basketball...you get the idea.)

So he started off the act just juggling with his glasses on, then ran off stage and came out glasses-free, with a Superman cape on, riding the unicycle. It was pretty funny. :)
He does have quite the number of tricks up his sleeve...



And here is a picture of the girls. I took this to prove that they did sit still for one part of the evening. Any other picture attempt would have been in vain for it would surly have been a blur. They sure are busy.


And since I am married to Superman, we had to show him a bit of LOVE on Valentines Day. :) They girls and I made him a whole slew of valentine hearts that we decorated with. Lib and Nat were so proud of their hard work! He got the girls some little Tinkerbell chocolates. They were thrilled!

Here is a lovely chef making heart shaped scones for breakfast. :)
Sure felt a lot of this over the weekend:
Cord took me out on Friday night. We had a nice quiet dinner at the Oaks in Ogden Canyon. (no kids climbing on me and using my fork.) During our meal he surprised me with a few little thoughtful gifts. It was nice to have the attention all on me! :) Nice to know that he cares enough to buy me quality chocolate....

I love my little family. I love Valentines Day. It is a good way to show each other that we care. It is also a good excuse to eat lots of yummy stuff!!! Now off to clean the house while Cord saves the world...or something like that.

9 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

I love that whole superman thing! That's hilarious! Sounds like you guys had a good valentines day!

Jarrett Family said...

Hey girl. Cord does have that whole Superman look going on. Fun valentines day. Bobby and I went to eat also without the girls and it nice to have that alone time so you can remember how much you do like each others company :) We for sure need to get together!! Just let me know.

Sharstin said...

looks like you had a great valentiens! you are such a cute mom! and cord is superman! juggling and riding the unicycle? that is some mad talent! I love it!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Adelle, Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentines weekend! And yeah, Cord can do many many things! He doesn't mess around :) The only thing that saved this weekend for me was our good news :) Everyone has been sick, and we didn't do anything. I did buy the girls a little something so that they would feel special though!

The Steel's said...

Wow, that is quite an act! Looks like a fun holiday - you are a cute mommy!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Oh yeah...Cord is the man. You are both very talented. So glad we got to hang out yesterday.

Natalie said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me happy. :)

I'm Jenny said...

That is so fun!
I am also married to a SUPERMAN.
Seriously. Feeling so grateful for him this past week with my back killing me! Don't know what I would do without him!!

mindy-lou said...

What a cute fam! Good to see Cord hasn't lost his unicycle skills!