Monday, December 22, 2008

Having a Ball

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Last week, my family put on a Christmas Charity Ball. It was super fun. We had dinner and dancing and karaoke. We got dressed up really fancy too! It was a great way to get into the Christmas Spirit. The very best part was that we were able to raise almost 500 dollars to spend on the Angel Tree children. I was so grateful for the generous contributions from all of our guests. Thanks to those of you who came!!!

Here is Brooke hanging up some decorations. She (and Matt) were such a HUGE help.

Cord hanging up the disco ball. Can't dance without a disco ball right?
(Thanks for holding the ladder steady Jen.)

The kids singing the 12 days of Christmas.
Don't they look cute in their red dresses?
My mom made each girl a dress from scratch. Yes, she is amazing...

Me and my Pa.
Doesn't he look sharp!

Lib and her friend Lincoln.
They loved the performances.
Granny-B and Grandpa!
We were so glad they came!
A little sibling Karaoke.

Camber and Cory rocking Nat to sleep.
(How cute!)

I also want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of my family who helped put the event together. Everyone was on board and excited to help from the very beginning. I am so lucky to have such a supportive and FUN family. I love you all! Thanks for making my little idea a reality!!! :)

If you want to see some more pictures and stuff from the Ball you can click here to go to our Ball Blog...

6 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

Adelle it was a very fun idea that you had and I am also so proud of our family for jumping on board and being so supportive. We are a crazy bunch with grand ideas and I love it! I have had a lot of people say that our family is unique and fantastic. I couldn't agree more. I especially love having you as my sister. I am one lucky girl. The ball was super fun. Thanks for planning it!! Can't wait for Christmas!!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Adelle, Looks like you had a great time. Wish we could have been there! Next year, plan it on a day we can come..he..he.. Seriously!

You're mom is awesome with that sewing stuff. I think that's one thing I would love to work on someday :)

Natalie said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad it was a success. I love your blog...the pictures of you and your girls are gorgeous!! Little Nat has the cutest, biggest SMILE!!

The docs at the Mayo aren't sure how soon they'll do the transplant until they see her and evaluate all aspects of her health themselves. Anywhere between 7-10 kg (usually closer to 10). She's 8 kg now.

Kyle and Shayla said...

Looks like it was a success. I'm so bummed we missed out, but really it looks like you did an awesome job! Congrats!

Sharstin said...

wow that is so awesome that you guys did that! It looks like it was a hit--and way to go on all those cupcakes--whew!

Critt & Britt said...

Merry Christmas Adelle. That is awesome you put that fundraiser on. It sounds like it was a big hit. I cannot believe how much your little Natalie looks like you. I love it. Your girls are beautiful!!!