Friday, September 19, 2008

Six Things About Adelle

I enjoy the self photos don't you?
Brighton tagged me to post six things about myself. I figured I might as well do it just for the fun of it! Here are six things about me that are kind of interesting. In no particular order...

1) I have been on a chocolate fast ever since my little Natalie was born. She gets fussy when I have it so I had to give it up. I know, I deserve a big pat on the back for this one. It has been a challenge. No hot cocoa in the mornings when we are camping. Not a taste of chocolate birthday pie, picnic desserts like ice cream sandwiches, or even the occasional package of M&M's. And to top it all of not even a sip of chocolate milk--my favorite beverage. It has been rough, but it is worth it. (I suppose.)

2) I am learning to sew! Cord got me a sewing machine for my birthday, so I am training to be a seamstress. I just got done making a quilt for Libby's bed and tons of pillows and a window cushion for her window seat. (I will post some pictures of my work when her room is totally done!) It turned out really cute...Of course, my MOM did a good part of the hard work. But, I am learning! She is teaching me all the in's and out's of sewing! It is sooooo fun! My next project are some Halloween costumes. I hope they aren't too scary.

3) I am a compulsive reader. The minute I walk into a room I read anything that has words: the mail on the counter, the picture on the wall, the tag on the wash rag...you name it. If there are words on anything, I will read them. I do it without even thinking. It gets a little bit dangerous when I drive because I have to look at all the billboards and road signs. I can't help it. (Needless to say, Cord usually drives!) Of course, I love reading books too. It is goodbye life whenever I pick up a new novel. I just get consumed.

4) I always run when I go up the stairs at night. It just feels like someone (or something) is right behind me! It is really spooky.

5) I love to sing really loud when no one is around. It is so fun. I usually pretend that I am on stage somewhere. Sometimes I will even use a pretend microphone. I just really get a kick out of it. I think I am due to go sing some kereokie somewhere...any takers?

6) I have started to get zits again. Sad huh. Yup, I am officially turning back into a teenager. I guess it is better than aging. Pretty soon, I am going to start drawing hearts on my notebooks and watching Hillary Duff movies. Oh wait, I do that too!

So, there ya go. Six things about me. Love you all. Adelle.
You can do it on your blog too if you want.


9 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

OK Adelle - 3 through 6 are exactly me. Are we related or something?! I totally do all of those. (I ALWAYS run up the stairs at night! Where did we get that?) I actually do sew too, or used to, I should say. I used to take time to make beautiful bedding for my kids, darling halloween costumes and so on and so forth. But then LIFE happened. Love ya Sis!

~adelle said...

Yeah, I think that the "running up the stairs thing" came from having those totally freaky bobcat skins on the basement walls when we were kids.

It was like one day they were going to get us...

I'm Jenny said...

Yeah, and it probably didn't help to have a dad who talked about the creeping hand that lived under the stairs, and brothers who would hide and jump out to scare the heck out of you when you weren't expecting it! Matt still likes to sneak up on me sometimes!! One of these days, we should turn the tables...

Marky said...

THat was so fun to learn a little more about you... Way to go on the sewing, I'm taking lessons from my mom too!! And I run up the stairs all the time, it must be a girl thing!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Oh Adelle, I'm with you on the stairs. Ask B-mo about when we were little and I saw the movie 'Jaws.' Oh, I've never gotten over it.

Jessie Jo said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see more pics of the house.

Lindsey Rose said...

Adelle, I love hearing more about you! How fun that you are sewing, I have a machine, but rarely use it because I am not very good. Can't wait to see the picts of the costumes!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Awesome Post! I learned so many things I didn't even know about you before :) Man, I totally need to get in on that sewing thing for sure!! That's going to have to be my next thing.

Joni said...

Those are good. I enjoyed reading them. Oh and I've always had zits, so lucky you for having a break from them.