Our first day of vacation was spent at the beach, but I'm posting all my beach photos in a different post, so I am going to jump right into day two...LEGOLAND.
Ok! So first of all we have to talk about the fact that our car had the water pump break and we leaked radiator fluid all over the beach parking lot Monday afternoon. What?! It was crazy. Cord found a Ford dealership just a few miles away so he was able to get it over to them. The dealership loaned us a rental car to use while we were waiting for ours to be fixed. It was kinda crazy but we handled it very well. I didn't even cry when I found out how much it was going to cost! EEK.
So, on our way to Legoland in our rental car, we saw a little red light come on that said, "low tire pressure." Then, we heard a thump, thump, thump. Luckily, we were almost into the parking lot so we rolled into a spot and saw that our rear tire was totally flat! Cord replaced the flat tire with the spare in just a jiffy and we were able to proceed with our day. We seriously had to laugh. It was like attack of the cars.
Legoland is not my favorite theme park because there are a lot of ride restrictions. Most of the rides require an adult rider and we had four kids and two adults. So, Cord and I did a lot of ride swapping. It is very fun to look at all of the lego characters placed around the park. It's amazing to see what kind of things can be constructed out of Legos!
The kids had a great time. We spent the whole day exploring playgrounds, building in lego stations, sight seeing at Mini Land, dancing at a huge dance party, snacking on theme park food, taking pictures, and enjoying the beautiful California weather.
Gage loved driving the little Lego Cars. He waited in line very patiently. The track was round and he thought he was racing the other drivers. When it was over I told him that he was the winner. He was so proud. He is still talking about how he won the car race. Everyone is a winner at Legoland. :)
Libby and Natalie got to drive the bigger cars. I didn't get to see them drive because I was hanging with Gage. But, they said it was great. It was a lot shorter line in the big kid area so they drove several times around the little city. Libby even earned a Driver License!
Ollie thought the big slide was scary.
Libby and Gage's faces in this picture make me laugh.
A handsome Knight!
Libby took fighting the black knight very seriously.
The playgrounds at Legoland are a lot of fun. We like just running around here as much as doing the rides.
There are lots of building zones throughout the park where the kids can be creative.
Apple Fries! Libby was a fan, Natty was not. I sacrificed and ate hers... ;)
The Lego Mini City area is seriously amazing. The details are adorable.
The kids loved the park maps. I think they ran into 10 people because they would walk as they were looking down at their maps. And cute little Oliver was too short to ride several of the rides with the kids. He was a good sport to watch from the sidelines.
Ollie and I did some exploring and found a huge dragon. It was rather impressive.
We had a nice day at the park. Legoland was Gage's favorite part of the trip. So, I am glad we were able to go!
When the park closed, the kids were excited to head back to the hotel to swim. Nothing beats swimming. I enjoyed a nice soak in the hot tub.















1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! Something for my bucket list :)
Post a Comment