Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Belnap Backyard Campground

I love making happy memories.  

This past week Cord told the kids he would sleep out in the back yard with them on Friday night.  They remembered and held him to it!  Gage helped Cord set up their campground.  The girl's built a tiny pretend fire out of sticks they collected in the yard.  Oliver jumped on the sleeping bags and mats.  The kids all packed bags full of gear...pajamas, stuffed animals, flashlights, pillows, etc.  It was quite the production!



We cooked pizza and ate it on the deck.  Then, Cord built a real fire in the yard where our garden used to be.  We set up camp chairs around the "pit."  I bought a bunch of S'mores ingredients at the store, and we roasted marshmallows.  Many of them caught on fire.  Some ended up in the dirt.  Most of them made it into our mouths and tummy's though!  The neighbors came over for a bit to join in on the fun.  We looked at the stars and found two planets and identified some constellations.  Cord brought out the portable speaker and we danced and sang.  We did an indian rain dance around the fire that the kids thought was hilarious.  Cord and Libby sang their cute duet.  Everyone belted Let It Go at the top of their lungs.  The kids put on a play with jump ropes and hula hoops.  I think it was a cowboy theme.  It was hard to tell.  :)




The evening was just lovely.  When it was finally time to tuck the kids into their sleeping bags, they were all so worn out they fell asleep almost instantly.  I slept inside with baby Ollie, because it was just easier that way!  Cord said everyone slept like logs all night long and didn't make a peep.  The boys were in one tent the girls were in the other.



They woke up to the sound of roosters!  Someone in our neighborhood must have a coop.  I woke up to this cute picture text on my phone...



It was a happy backyard campout!!  I am glad Cord is such a good Daddy.  We are in such a good time of life.  I want to soak up every minute.

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, so much fun!! I am dying for summer to start already, and there are still two months left of school. The weather has been so nice lately. We'll be in Arches in a couple of weeks, having our first campfires of the season! Can't wait!! Yay for Spring Break :) This is a happy post. Love it!!