We just got back from our annual stay at the Boyd's Cabin. It is always a big hit. I hardly ever saw my girls. They were pretty much attached to Heather and her friend Skyler the entire time. They were in heaven playing games, sledding, watching movies, and having sleepovers in the loft on bunk-beds! I did see my fair share of Oliver and Gage though. It wore me out keeping Ollie safe by the fire and on the wood stairs. He was a hand full. But, he smiled at everyone and won our hearts over with each cheesy grin...so, it was worth the effort! Gage was my little buddy. We spent a lot of time together playing and going on snowmobile rides and cooking in the kitchen. I read a few books and Cord watched the X-Men trilogy. Granny B and Shelley worked on some serious puzzles and Cord joined them on and off. I haven't found my puzzle bone yet. Maybe someday I will get the itch to help. We went on a snowy walk, pulled the kids around on sleds, and sat by the fire.
On New Years Eve the big kids all went to the meadow for fireworks at midnight. Gage and I were asleep in bed, but Cord told me Oliver loved every minute of the firework display. Libby was too nervous to go out in the dark, so she stayed with Shelley and Lorna and watched out the window. Lorna told me that they happened to find Natalie fast asleep and tucked down deep in a sleeping bag on the floor-- right in the midst of all of the kids putting on their snow gear. It was a miracle she didn't get trampled as the group was prepping to head out into the cold!
We enjoy heading up tot he cabin each Holiday. It is a good time to build relationships with our extended family and breathe clear mountain air.
Here are a few pics from our adventures!
Gage asked me, "Mom why are we in a house made of wood?" I told him it was built like his Lincoln Logs. He thought that was pretty nifty.
1 comment:
Looks like fun as always! I bet it was fun not having such a huge crowd. Did you guys score a bedroom?! :)
Post a Comment