Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Nativity

This year my kids got to participate in a live Nativity play.  Our cute neighbors put on a grand production each Christmas Season for the whole neighborhood to come and enjoy!  They serve chili and hot chocolate and decorate their yard with a beautiful stable and hay.  There are always live animals roaming about.  Chickens, goats, a donkey!  They are amazing. 


I adored watching my little children take part in this special program.  It is so important to me that they know the Christmas Story.  That they understand why the Christ Child came to this world and how he was born in humility one night in Bethlehem.  This beautiful story brings so much peace and joy to our lives.  It warmed my hear to see Libby, as Mary, looking over baby Jesus.  And to see angel Natalie with her arms outstretched saying, "Fear Not, for I bring you tidings of Great Joy!"  And watching tiny sweet Gage bundled up as a shepherd boy marching through the cold and the snow towards the stable and the baby there.

It was a great evening and I am so grateful that we got to participate in the program!  I love Christmas and I love our Savior.  He came to this world to save us.  He loves us.  He wants us to have great joy.  I am so lucky to have this knowledge!


Waiting to start the performance...





  



2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

This is seriously awesome!! Celebrating the TRUE meaning of Christmas. All the kids are adorable!! What a great neighborhood tradition :)

Give Hope to Benson and Claire said...

That is soooo adorable!!