Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our Christmas Season

It feels like Christmas was a long time ago, and here I am just getting our festivities posted on the blog.  This year was a little bit crazy because we had a lot of sickness going on in our home.  I was sick for about 10 days with something really yucky.  Ollie had it right along with me.  Then Natty got the flu.  We got the last dose of Tamiflu in the entire Ogden Area.  I think it helped her.  Thankfully!  Gage and Libby were sick too with a fever and a cough.  It made the days leading up to Christmas a little bit like a dream with being sick and up at night with kids who didn't feel good either.  I did get to watch a lot of Christmas movies on Netflix!  That was kind of fun.  Luckily, we all got better.  I am so thankful that the flu wasn't harder on our little family and that we were able to do all of the fun Christmas activities that we had planned!

I am doing speed posting here.  Each activity gets a shout-out and a few photos!

Little Boy Dinosaur Party 
My parents planned activities for all of the grand-kids to do instead of giving big gifts on Christmas morning.  All the little boys were invited to a Dinosaur party.  They made mini pizzas and had Popsicles--per Gage's request!  Then all of the Dad's helped the little boys build a Dinosaur landscape to play dino's in.  The got to glue on rocks and spread paste.  They watched Matt and Cord build a lake and mountains and caves.  It was really cute.  Grandma and Grandpa let the boys unwrap a huge set of plastic dinosaurs, cavemen, and army dudes to use in the new dino land.  The little boys loved running around and playing with each other at their own special party.



American Girl Sleepover Party
Whenever I asked the girl's if they were excited for Christmas they would tell me "yes," and then ask, "But how many days until our American Girl Sleepover at Grandmas?"  They were so excited!!

Libby, Natalie, and Shaye were invited over to my parent's house for a night of their own.   They made homemade mac and cheese and dipped chocolate covered pretzels.  Mom helped each of them sew some new clothes for their dolls.  They got to open some new cute food for the little kitchen in the Grandkids room.  In the morning they made scones and got their hair cut.  :)  They played together and had a really great time! 


Dennis Family Christmas Party "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Yar"
This is one of my favorite nights of the whole year.  I love getting together with my whole family to celebrate Christmas.  I wasn't going to attend because we were all feeling sick, but when the evening of the party rolled around, everyone was acting a lot better.  So, we decided to go!  I didn't bring my camera, so I have no pictures!  I am so glad we didn't miss it.  We had an amazing yummy dinner, played some silly group games, made up our own words to the 12 days of Christmas song, and sang carols around the fire.  This year the singing was especially lovely.  Libby was able to read the words, so she was really getting into it.  We ended with "Silent Night."  The spirit of the Christmas Season was overflowing and surrounding us.  I loved it!

Belnap Family Pizza and Christmas Village
Another great family tradition we enjoy is with our Belnap Family.  Lorna changed things up a bit this year and we started the night at Ligori's Pizza Place.  The kids all sat at their own table.  They looked so grown up talking and eating and hanging out without the adults.  It was so fun to watch them interact and chat with their cousin friends!  The pizza was yummy and it was fun to talk at the big kid table!  After dinner we headed down to Christmas Village in Ogden.  It was warmer this year, so it was raining instead of snowing.  AH!  Luckily it was just a little drizzle.  We bundled all the kids up in their snow gear and Oliver got to snuggle down in the stroller.  He loved looking at all the lights.  He didn't make a peep for almost two hours!  The kids raced from house to house.  My favorite part of the night was riding on the train with Gage.  He was so patient to wait in line to get on.  We made it on the LAST ride of the night.  He sat on my lap and held my hand as we rode around 25th Street and around the lights.  It was so magical and special to just have my little buddy to talk with and hold.  While Gage and I rode the big train, the girl's rode the little train!  They got to ride several times and loved it!  It was one of our better nights at the lights.  No one went missing, it wasn't too cold, and the kids were so happy to be there.  Lorna brought hot chocolate for everyone, so our belly's were nice and warm for the ride home.  



 

  


We are so lucky to have such great family memories.  Christmas time wouldn't be the same without spending quality time with all of the people we love the most!

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Loved all your pics! :) Looks like your mom's little parties were a hit. I love the holiday season and all of the fun things we do!!