And while I'm at it, I might as well continue with a few more tidbits...
Last Saturday, we had the chance to go to the Bountiful Temple to be part of a very special occasion. Lorna was able to do the work for her mom and dad and was sealed to them for all of eternity. It was beautiful and special and I am so grateful that I was able to witness it. To be part of a 'forever family' is the most special feeling and is such a huge blessing. Lorna is such a strong and faithful woman. I love that she is part of my children's family tree. To be linked to her is a treasure.
It was also special because Jennifer and I got to connect and talk and hug. It felt good to have some one on one time with her. It was a good day.
Last night Kalya came over so Dax and Monica could go to a work party. Kayla brought a paper all folded up with a "game" on it. It was one of those classic kids games, that you push a dot and pick a number and then pick another number and then there is something written on the paper about your future. Ohhhh...the fun we had. I got to kiss Oliver. Libby gave Monica a love note. And NATALIE had "a crush on Dax Belnap." You should have seen the look on her face when Kayla read that out-loud. Natty's entire face went red and she giggled and squealed and hid her face in the couch. She was so embarrassed. It was hilarious. We were seriously laughing our heads off.
Oliver is learning how to walk. I know! He is so little still. He gets a 10 on the Confidence Scale and about a 6 on the Skill Scale. He thinks he can do it, but then after about 3-4 steps he crashes to the ground. He is not discouraged though. He keeps trying. Cord says he asked Santa for Ollie to be able to walk for Christmas. I won't be surprised it he gets his Christmas wish.
We have been using the wood burning stove. It has been FREEZING outside. It makes the basement so warm and cozy. Cord and I have watched a few feel-good holiday movies together this past week. It's been really nice. We decided that we enjoy watching shows that make us feel good and happy.
I can hear the kids outside playing in the snow with Daddy. I can hear squeals of delight, chasing, sledding, and all sorts of great wintertime activities going on. The first few snowfalls of the season are always so magical.
It's been a good week. I went to my Releif Society Christmas Party at the church and sat by my lovely friends. We ate good food, talked a bit, and had a nice musical program. Simple but sweet.
I had the chance to be a judge at the High School for the Dance Sterling Scholar. It was such a new experience. The cute girl's in the competition were all so brave and darling. It was hard for me to pick a winner. I felt so lucky to be part of the whole thing. It is always nice to change up the routine. Cord came home from work early to watch the kids so I could go. Nice eh?
Thursday night was my "book club" Christmas Party. I still feel so lucky to have found such great friends in my neighborhood and ward. It is so fun to get together each month to talk and eat and be girls! Brooke had an adorable dinner planned with cute dishes and beautiful food. We ate and learned some fun facts about each other and traded some of our "Favorite Things" as gifts. It was a nice break and a fun Christmas celebration.
I have been a blogging maniac. I do blogging for Get Away Today Travel Agency. My awesome sister Jenn got me the job. I have been crafting and sewing and writing and photographing like crazy these past few weeks. Last week a lot of my ideas and creations were featured on two local morning shows, Good Morning Utah and Good Things Utah. I have to admit. . . I felt a little bit famous! It was so fun to see my projects on TELEVISION. He he he. It is such a fun little job. I feel lucky to have a way to make a little bit of money doing things that I enjoy.
I love this time of the year. I love my family. I love Christmas and the Joy it brings into our lives.
Looking forward to a great Holiday Season.




2 comments:
Adelle! You are so talented! How amazing that you are writing for all of those blogs! You really are famous :) I feel honored to be your friend!
I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you since Halloween? Could it be? And now I know why.... you are keeping busy for sure!! I love the holidays. They really are magical. I guess I'm going to have to check out the get away blog, and see what you've been up to. Lets find a way to do lunch or something soon :)
Post a Comment