Monday, May 14, 2012

Brushing the Dust Off

 Spring has sprung, so we decided it was time to brush the dust off the camping equipment!
We loaded up the trailer and headed up to East Canyon for a few nights in the mountains.

It was still a bit chilly, so the campfire felt especially nice in the evenings.
Gage carried his chair over to sit by the flames.

  

The four girls feeling the heat.
Libby and Nat played and played and played with Bree and Elle the whole time.
They are such good cousin friends!

  

The big kids getting warm.
Granny B and Grandpa came up to have dinner and check us into the resort.
It was really fun visiting around the fire.  
 

We had plenty of these...


On Friday we took the gang over to the tennis courts to play.
All of the kids have a racquet, so they got some serious practice in!
 

Cord and Chris played some "real" games after the kids were pooped.
 

Gage was happy because there were balls around. 
Ball + Gage = Happy


We always pick a spot by the playground so the kids can run and play and we can see them from our campsite.  It is still so early in the season that we basically had the whole place to ourselves.
 

Cord went for a nice LONG run to train for his race next week, so I spent some time pushing the kids on the swings.  I pushed and pushed and pushed...and Gage puked -- all over.
EWE.  I guess too much swinging can be a bad thing!  Poor little guy.
I went to the little store and bought him some crackers to make him feel better.
 

I think the bikes were the hit of the trip.  Every ten minutes the kids would strap on their helmets and take a ride around the resort.  Bree was determined to learn to ride without her training wheels. I won't be surprised if she figures it out this week.  Gage isn't quite tall enough to pedal the little tricycle around by himself.  He needs about two more inches!  So he had to scoot. 

It sure is fun to watch the kids enjoy being outside and being together!  I love it.
 

It was a great way to brush the dust off the ole' camping gear.  I have a feeling there will be plenty more weekends like this to come! 


3 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Cute pics!! I snagged a few :) I sure am glad you guys were there with us, because the kids just had a major blast all weekend!! And so did I :) Lots of fun and great company! Make for a fabulous time :)

Natalie said...

So fun. Wish we could go camping together! Pretty sure we'd have a good time.

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Awe.....look at all the cute kids. That place is definitely the playground of great childhood memories. So fun!