Thursday, September 22, 2011

Me and The Tiny One


Since Libby is in Kindergarten in the afternoons and Gage is usually snoozing, The Tiny One and I get to spend a few hours together alone each day.  Just the two of us.  It has been absolutely delightful. 

It is so fun to have one-on-one time with this spunky girlie.  She is seriously hilarious.  Her little voice cracks me up constantly.  She talks like she is from back east somewhere because she cannot say her "R's."  I love her little accent.

She gets excited about the simplest things, like gingerbread shaped toast with raspberry jam.  She has recently learned how to pump on the swing with one foot.  Pretty nifty right?

She came into my office with a "special surprise" wrapped up in her jacket.  I unwrapped two natty-made paper bag puppets!  She had colored on them with crayons.  We spent a few minutes talking to each other with our puppet covered hands.  I loved seeing her excitement as we examined the quality of her creations and as I expressed thanks for the wonderful gift.

I feel like each day we have this special time to connect and get to know each other on a deeper level.  I enjoy this little person so much.  Sure, she is full of fire and is as big of a turkey as they come sometimes, but I wouldn't trade that for anything.  I love that my Tiny One has so much personality. 

We are buds.  No doubt about that. 

3 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I have all day with only Elle now. And yesterday we played with her Mickey's Clubhouse! We have time to sit and hug and talk. I LOVE it!! But I miss Bree too :) It's amazing how life evolves!

Kyle and Shayla said...

She is the cutest thing! It is definentely nice to have the oppurtunity to have a little one on one time with your kids.

Kara said...

So cute I bet she loves the time she gets to spend with you alone. She is a sweet little thing:)