Monday, September 12, 2011

lately

Lately, the weather has been fantastic.
We have been out enjoying it.

 On Memorial Day, we went for a bike ride in the valley.
It was simply beautiful.  I love being outside and being active.

 

Cord pushed Gage and Natty in the stroller.


Libby's wheels are about half the size of the other kid's.  
She had to pedal like crazy to keep up with the group.
It was so cute!


Me and my bro.

After our ride we had a huge breakfast at Ryan's house.
Scones with homemade jam, eggs, hash browns, fruit smoothies, turkey sausage...you get the idea.  YUM!

****

Cord went to Nashville for a few days during the week.  We missed him, especially because he was gone on his birthday!  But, you would be proud...I stayed home and was so brave while he was away.  I didn't even get eaten by a monster or anything.  While he was gone I painted the girl's room.  They got some new beds and the walls needed a fresh coat of paint.  I will post some pics when I get a chance!  They are loving their BIG GIRL beds.

Cord brought them home a few gifts per Libby's suggestion.  :)
They thought that was pretty darn cool.





****

Friday we had a Banana Split party for the girls in Lib's dance group that can do the splits.
The girls had a great time piling a bunch of yummy stuff on their ice cream. 


****
Friday night we participated in the fundraiser at Lib's school.  We had pizza and watched an outdoor movie.  The kids thought it was pretty cool.  It is a whole new world having a child in school.  Our life has been changing already.



I love Nat's face in this one. 
She has such awesome faces.



 ****

I also want to mention that Cord's grandma Helen passed away this past week as well.  She was such a neat lady.  Cheerful, friendly, optimistic, and fun!  I would be happy to age as well as she did.  Her funeral was on Saturday.  She will be missed, but we are all glad she was able to pass on so peacefully and that she is with her sweetheart again after so many years.

Here are some pics I swiped of the family at the cemetery.... 



****

Lately, life has been busy.  

But, good.  mostly.

I had the opportunity to have a bad day this weekend.
Days like that are so rare for me, that I forget it is possible to feel so icky.
Looking back, I feel glad that I was able to experience a low.
It helps me be more grateful for all of the good days.

It is okay to feel sad sometimes.
Everybody does.  No one is perfect.  And, there is always tomorrow...

****

4 comments:

Wendy Pippin said...

sorry to hear about Cord's grandma. Looks like you guys are having a great time!!

Sharstin said...

the weather has been so fantastic--looks like you guys have been taking advantage:) sorry about your loss:(

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Your Valley bike ride and breakfast sounded so good :) I love a good party!! Looks like you're keeping very busy, as we haven't hung out at all lately. But being on a school schedule changes everything! :)

I'm Jenny said...

The bike ride was fantastic. Natalie does have the most awesome faces. She cracks me up. Life is changing for a lot of us! Libby has got to be the cutest Kindergartener EVER! Hope your bad day is passed and wishing LOTS of GOOD days ahead!! Thank goodness that there is always tomorrow. Speaking of... I'm excited for our big hike tomorrow!! :)