Why do you think that rule was created?
Perhaps, because sometimes we forget to chew.
and...before we know it our food has been inhaled and our stomachs are full.
Sadly, missing out entirely on the whole tasting part of the experience.
Isn't it so much nicer to eat when you can slow down savor the flavors--
Letting the combinations of textures and spices dance along the taste buds.
Enjoying a meal for the flavors and not just for the end result.
Ah...food talk. Can you see that it has been a weekend of eating?
Sometimes, food is like life.
We are sitting down at this fabulous feast.
There is so much on the table for us to experience.
Do we take time to be present and enjoy each bite?
Sometimes I forget to chew.
I blinked. Now baby boy is six months old.
My girls are wearing pants that hover inches above the floor.
They are growing so fast!
The appetizers are almost over and the main dish is coming.
Am I chewing or just swallowing each day as I look to the next?
I am trying to slow down and savor it.
It is hard to imagine being more blessed than I am....
I hope your Thanksgiving was a day of gratitude and happiness.
Ours was.





6 comments:
Cute pics Adelle. I am feeling the same thing right now. Wishing my girls weren't growing so fast. Hoping that I'm savoring every little bit of it! Gage is so suggly. I'm so glad I got to hold him so much this weekend.
Was so good to see you all at Thanksgiving...glad to have you back in town. Good, sage advice you have here Adelle. My kids are at the age where I already wish I could go back in time. It goes by so quickly. Savor it all...I know I'm trying to. Hard when it's 3 am and they want to snuggle and you need sleep to get up for work. But so worth it in the end.
Cute picts. Yummy pies. Thanks for the food for thought.
love this post--so true my friend! those pies look AHmazing--and how cute are your kiddos!
yep. savor the flavor. its the journey that counts, not the destination. well said. i have been feeling this way for awhile now. i am about to have my oldest fly the nest. boo hoo.
Definitely true! I feel like I blink and things passed me by all the time. It's good to be reminded to slow down and enjoy the journey. I love your babies eyes, they are beautiful!!!
Post a Comment