We've been busy.
Jenn, and Cindee came to visit.
They brought a cold front with them. But, we didn't mind.
We put on our jackets and plowed our way through the Big Easy.
New Orleans is a city with two faces. By day, a gorgeous town rich with history. By night...well, lets just say you don't want to be caught there after dark. There is a lot of crazy stuff that happens!
Here we are at Cafe' Du Monde having some famous beignet's. (Basically a mix between a scone and a doughnut.) They were very tasty. Especially, being washed down with chocolate milk.
Cord let gage have a lick of powdered sugar. He liked it. Surprised? I'm not. I think that was Nat's favorite part too.After breakfast, we wandered along the River Walk, shopped at the French Market at the corner of the French Quarter, and had a picnic lunch in front of this cathedral at Jackson Square.
Wonder what the girls wished for? A Pillow Pet perhaps?
(It is some-what stinky though...I kept kinda gagging. There is so much partying that goes on a night down there, so it is hard to keep the place totally clean.)
There are Marti Gras masks for sale everywhere. Beads too.
Looks like life is just one big party down here!
The girls thought this guy was really made of metal!
He was very clever.
We had such an interesting time. Very historic and such.
The girls got worn out doing so much WALKING.
We had a few meltdowns. :)
I didn't take any pictures of the Garden District, but we drove through and looked at all the mansions in the area. It was amazing. Libby said she was going to buy a house like that when she grows up. Hope she does, then I can just move in with her. Lol. They were amazing.
The SWAMP Tour
I have been excited to go on a swamp tour.
It just seems like such a regional thing to do.
It wasn't disappointed. It was so interesting.
I haven't ever been somewhere like that before. There was so much moss growing on the trees. It made it so eerie and creepy. The perfect setting for alligator hunting.
Libby scouted out some for us. The BIG Gaters are in hibernation right now, but there were some smaller ones soaking up the sun along the shore.
Cool Fact: During hibernation Alligators' heart only beats ONE time per HOUR. Crazy right?
Aren't' they cool?
We went past this hill-billy lane.
I felt like I was in the movies. It was so back-woods.
Anyone want some alligator soup?
Libby is so strong.
Gage wasn't so sure...
Oak Alley
Another major thing that was on my checklist to see while I'm here is this plantation.
It's called Oak Alley. Can you see why?
It just feels so Southern.
We got to visit. Pictures just don't do it justice.
Oak trees line the driveway to the house.
They are so majestic.
If I ever build a house I want a wrap-around porch. They are so darn welcoming.
It just screams, "Come on over and sip some lemonade with me."
We did that in fact. Sipped lemonade here.
This gives you an idea about how big the trunks are.
They are over 200 years old.
Gage was checking out the map. He is such a great traveler.
I want to kiss him on the cheek every ten minutes. :)
Cindee thought it would be funny to jump out and scare people walking by.
I thought it would be funny to post this picture on the blog!
We had such a great time together.
I love my sisters. They are the best!
We were super tired from all our adventures.
Good thing we found this big ole' rocking chair to relax in.
The biggest one in the world actually.
We could all put our feet up in that thing!



















11 comments:
How fun! My husband and i went there like 5 years ago and i loved it! It was so fun? I loved the swamp tour! That was one of my favs:) Did you go to any graveyard? They are pretty cool too.. Glad you had a great time:)
Wow! You guys are seriuously keeping bust and doing some cool stuff. That swamp looked totally awesome! And that tree trunk was amazing! I can't believe how Gage's eyes just pop in every single picture you take of him!
Looks like fun! You guys are totally taking advantage of enjoying where you are!! SO fun!
Wow...when your girls buy a house like that can I move in too? So gorgeous and manicured everywhere. So fun to read about your adventures...can't wait for you all to be home.
I love your adventures...I feel like I am on them with you...can I come visit & tour some amazing place...I won't have a meltdown!
Super cool pictures! Looks like an awesome adventure for sure. But won't it be nice to come home too!! Love it :) Glad you're getting to see some new and fun things along the way.
I would give anything to see those plantation homes and see all those historical sights. You guys look like you really are having a great time!
how fun! it is so pretty there~ and i love all your picts! so glad you guys are havin a blast
Our week together went by so fast! Wow. What a whirlwind. I can't wait to show you my pics! Thanks again for all the southern hospitality. :)
Holy moly, can we switch lives for a while? You are livin' the good life, so pretty there!
I want to go there one day, it looks so neat! I'm glad you are having such a good time, that is an amazing experience that your cute little family get's to enjoy:)
Post a Comment