Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wee wee wee...all the way home!

So, we are home.  It is so nice to be back.  It feels so yummy right now with the crisp air and snow brushed mountains out the window.  What a beautiful place to return to.  


It is amazing to me that we were here just a week ago...

This is a lake that we found exploring the woods.  Cord did a nice run around the trail nearby.  I snapped some pictures and took a nap while all three kiddos slept in the car for a bit. 

Can we say heaven?  It was so quiet I could hear the fish breathing.




We took a walk along the water and took a peek at the boats at the marina.  These boats were shrimping boats.  They all had nets, and all sorts of fishing gear on them.  Not your typical yachts, these babies were born to work.


We had to say goodbye to our beach.  Sunday after church we spent an hour or so just putting our feet in the soft sand and soaking up the views.

We are going to miss having this across the street.  

Monday Cord got out of class early so we took advantage of the time and scooted over to New Orleans for a Steam Boat ride and lunch.  It was a bit rainy, but we made the best of it!  I haven't ever been on a steam boat before.  It had a festive, old time feeling about it.  We ate some fried chicken, jambalaya,  and bread pudding.  Classic southern meal.  The cook forgot to put the meat on Cord's chicken. His was mostly just Cajun flavored breading.  Lucky for him, his wife likes to share...


This is the engine room.  We got to see how the steam powers the boat.
Hot and interesting...

Here is the paddle.  Isn't it cool?  I kept telling the kids if they weren't good I would put them out by the chomper.  It freaked them out pretty good.  He he he...


Tuesday morning we packed up our bags and headed to the airport.  We had an afternoon flight, so we got to squeeze in one more stop before we headed home.  I am so glad we did!  We went to City Park.  It is a huge park in New Orleans.  It was one of my favorite places!  Most of our time was spent at this amazing section of the park called Storybook Land.  I only took a million pictures here...


The kids got to play on and in all of these scenes from classic stories.  They had a blast running from place to place.  It was just beautiful!  I think it was their favorite part of the whole trip.


Look mommy, I just spit up on my shirt.  Aren't I cute??






 So all of us piggies went, "we we we we we..."  
All the way home!


What an amazing experience we got to have.  I feel pretty darn lucky.   The end.

7 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

What a cute park! So glad you did that with your little ones! It was/is so beautiful there... so southern, and so different from Utah! I feel lucky too, that I got to come and share a little bit of it with you, and I am really glad to have you home! :)

Eichmeiers said...

It's always nice to be home! But it looks like you had a great time! That story park looks so fun:)

Sharstin said...

welcome back chick! i love all the fun adventures that you had! and all the wonderful picts~ so glad you guys had a great time!

mindy-lou said...

I am so jealous, lets be honest. What an awesome trip you guys were able to take! It's good to have you back and I am so glad you had a good time!

Kyle and Shayla said...

What an awesome trip. Seriously it looks like you got to experience a lot of great things. That pond area looked beautiful and that park looked like tons of fun! Glad to have ya back though and that you arrived safely!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, the sand on your beach looked amazing! Loved those pics, because it looked so relaxing! It sounds like you were partying up until the last minute! But, we're glad to have you back!!

Kara said...

I can't believe it went by so fast. That park looks great, man there are a lot of fun things to do there! I'm glad you got to take advantage of all of them and have such a good time!