Sunday, May 30, 2010

A New Life


Life.
The first moments of touch.
A cry, a breath of relief, instant love.
The world stands still for a moment.
Connection of two souls that can finally meet.
Pure joy.
Birth.



On Thursday or sweet baby Gage entered the world. I'll be honest. This labor was intense. I think perhaps because it was longer than I expected (6 hours), and because he was bigger than we expected. (8 lbs 6 oz.) Lets just say, I am glad it is over. Ouch doesn't begin to cover it. :)

However hard labor is, it is just as rewarding. I feel empowered. The sacrifice makes my connection with my sweet newborn that much stronger. When people ask if I would recommend a 'non medicated' birth, I usually say no. I mean, why in the world would I recommend someone go through THAT, but, for some reason I wouldn't do it any other way. The entire process is so empowering. The nurses always comment on how alert my newborns are. I think it is because they don't have a hangover. ;)



So, he is here. I am loving him. He is so soft. His chubby cheeks are so kissable. He makes sweet baby sounds while he sleeps. He looks like a turtle when he tries to lift up his head and show off his tiny neck. He has big feet. His hands are like his daddy's. He is a sleepy head.

Welcome to the world Gage Cord Belnap.
It is yours for the taking.

16 comments:

The Gidley's said...

He is beautiful!! Congratulations and I love his name.
Hugs & Kisses from my family to yours ~ Aunt Diane

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, just got my computer up and running at the new house! Just in time to read this awesome post. LOVE the first picture of you and Gage! How sweet that cute dark hair is. Mom sent us a picture and his eyes were open and everything. So sweet! Can't wait to meet him. Wow! A birth is the best thing life can bring :) I'm so happy for you guys!! Love you, and see you soon.

Steph said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!

Give Hope to Benson and Claire said...

Yeah!! I've been checking your blog all weekend to see the good news!! I'm so glad everything went well. You are amazing. I bet you're glad it's all done with now. He is such a cute little boy. Not ALL babies are cute from the get-go, but he certainly is handsome!! Good luck with everything and hope you recover quickly. Can't wait to see more picts! Love ya!

Sharstin said...

You are amazing girly! He is absolutely adorable. Congrats to you and your sweet fam

I'm Jenny said...

He is such a doll and you are a world champ. Way to go!! :)

Eisha said...

Ouch is right, Mary (bless her) was 8lbs 11 oz and once the head was out I had to keep pushing....(what?) however I had an epidural (at 8cm) and all I have to say is WOW if you did that naturally...and I am SO SORRY it was 6 hours!

Clyde and Marty Dillon said...

Sweet Adelle,
I LOVE the first picture. He is beautiful and I love the name Gage Cord! You did it!
Super Woman!

Kara said...

Good job Adelle!!! He is so adorable I love his chubby cheeks:) Hope you and your baby are doing well!

Jessie Jo said...

Congrats! Can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks. You are amazing, way to go natural!

Kyle and Shayla said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful, all that fun dark hair! You are amazing! Great Job!

Wendy Pippin said...

SO SO SO SWEET!!!

mindy-lou said...

Well, he is darling! Looks like he fits right in with the rest of the clan! Way to go on the natural for the 3rd time!!! It inspires me! Maybe I can do it again :)

Familia Soares said...

CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see him! We are so happy for you guys that your little one is finally here!

Lindsey Rose said...

Oh Adelle he is so sweet. I am so happy that all went well, you are a tough woman!! He really is darling, and he will be well taken care of by those sweet little girls.

Marky said...

Congrats!! He is so beautiful, I hope you guys are all doing well!!