Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know that...

Tigger eats Cheetos.
Some clouds look like snakes.
tiny Rolly Polley bugs like to find their brothers and sisters in the grass.
and ALL crows aren't bad. (Just the ones in Snow White and Sleeping Beauty)

I know now.

Have you ever wondered how much time you can actually spend with someone without actually being there at all?


Yesterday we spent the morning having a little picnic.


And looking at the sky.

And chatting with each other.


And taking way too many pictures.

And laughing at the silly faces we captured.


And running in and out of the house collecting more stuff to bring to the blanket.



And just being there.

It felt really good.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves to be present in our own lives. It is so easy to think and do and blog and eat and sleep and never fully participate in our own existence. Weird right? All these moments matter. I don't want to miss them.

I want to be there when I overhear Libby and Natalie telling jokes to each other and laughing their heads off. Or, when I see them licking each other like Popsicles in the bath tub. Or, when they need a little push on the swing to get a good momentum going.

Life just keeps scooting by.

Lets live it.

11 comments:

Kyle and Shayla said...

I love it! That is all so true!! Thanks for the little reminder:) Darling pictures.

Wendy Pippin said...

Today I will be present...

Sharstin said...

So true my friend! such cute picts of your little ladies!

I'm Jenny said...

Beautifully said and beautiful girls... :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Yes, I always think about that when Bree asks me to sit with her, or get off the computer and play with her, or when I'm busy and doing cleaning and laundry, and she just wants to spend time with me. I can't let that time go by. Someday she won't want to be with me so much, and then I'll be sad!

I just want to throw everything to the wind, and play with my girls :)

The Picketts said...

Oh my goodness, I was JUST thinking about this yesterday! When my oldest girl,Gracie, woke up yesterday morning, she was cuddling her daddy. I leaned over and kissed her cheek and smelled her skin. She smelled just like "Gracie." I was instantly in love with her all over again. All day I kept thinking about how much I adored my girls and how blessed I am! Thank you again for reminding me again today! You, too, are SO lucky to have such beautiful girls (and a little boy soon to snuggle and hold!) How lucky are YOU?!?!?!

Eichmeiers said...

So true! Thank you for that! Cute kiddos too:)

Natalie said...

thanks for posting this.

mindy-lou said...

I couldn't have read this at a better time! Thanks Adelle!! Darling pictures!

Lindsey Rose said...

Adelle you are such a good mom. Your kids will never doubt how much you love them, thanks for the post, I needed it!

Kara said...

That is so cute! I have to remind myself that all the time. I'm glad you had a fun little picnic with your cute girlies:)