Friday, April 30, 2010

So, My Back Hurts.

And when I say "hurts" I mean it feels like my ribs have been smashed with a sledge hammer. So, I must be complaining about it often, because Natty laid on the floor the other night and said, "My back hurts."

I spend most of my time in this position...


Sitting straight up is killer.

In a noble effort to make me feel better tonight, the girls busted out all the girlie stuff. They put several hundred of these little clipies in my hair. (at least it felt like that many when they were tugging gently trying to put them in.) They painted my nails and put on makeup. Pretend stuff.


I was still not fixed.

So, Libby pulled out the doctor stuff and worked on me for a bit. She even "Cut me open and then had to tape me closed again." She is a good doctor. I would recommend her to anyone on the block, but the shattered ribs were still not fixed!


Natty knew just the thing to do the trick. Pull out the Magic Wand. Duh. Why did I not think of that sooner? She waved it all over and around this broken old mama and to be honest, it helped me feel a bit better.


It must have been the fact that I know I am pretty loved. These girls sure know how to take care of their mommy.

The good news is that these darn ribs will get better eventually. Hopefully, the next four weeks will be gentle on me. :)

And I will try not to complain so much. It just hurts, ya know? Okay, done complaining. for now.

8 comments:

The Green's said...

Oh I'm so sorry! The last 6 weeks (I think) are the worst. But those girls of yours are so cute and helpful. You can tell how much they love their mommy!

Sharstin said...

oh girly! that is no fun! good thing your girlies are taking good care of you!

Eichmeiers said...

Aww your girls are darling to help you out!! Im sorry bout your back, i feel your pain! Hang in there:)

Kara said...

I think you are allowed to complain a few times! I hope it goes by fast I feel your pain:)

Natalie said...

I am so sorry! Sooooooo not fun! What cute girls to help you out a bit. At least you can see the light at the end of it all coming soon!! Take care.

I'm Jenny said...

Complain all you want. Its a terrible thing to go through. Just think - All these things shall be for your good. :) Hard to believe that when we are going through them, right? Chad would ask me if I am embracing the pain - even feeling grateful for it and thanking God for it. Call me anytime you need a break!

The Steel's said...

Oh no, I am sorry! That stinks big time! When I was pregnant with Katelyn my doctor told me to get a racquetball and lay on it where it hurts...I am sure you have tried everything! Luckily you are close and you have cute little caretakers!

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Hang in there! It won't be long now :) At least for me! ha..ha..ha.. You are very blessed...this back pain means you will have a little bundle of joy very soon. Wish it were me. Maybe someday? Sorry I missed your shower! Hopefully we'll be up there some day soon.