Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Can Dr. Phil Save a Family?

I am working on a video project for a family to apply to be on the Dr. Phil show. It is a serious awakening to how good my life is. People have really really hard trials. This family is loosing their house, bankrupt, teetering on divorce, their kids are brats, one is totally on drugs, stealing, failing out of school, abusive...you get the point. It is so sad. It is quite depressing sifting through the footage the mom sent me. I hope I can make a video good enough to get them on the show. They deserve the help. They are trying so hard to keep their family together. Can Dr. Phil help? I hope so.

Cord and I have decided that we need to start now to teach our girls how to be respectful, helpful, responsible, and honest. I am more fervently committed to holding Family Home Evening! It is such a good way to teach good moral principles in our home. What a blessing it is to be members of the Church. The guidelines taught to our youth are critical in this day and age.

Tonight, I am going to pray for families. Give your kiddios an extra kiss. Be grateful for safe, happy, homes. :) I sure am. I hope my girls stay like this forever.... ~adelle

5 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, sounds like a tough project. I bet you can't wait to get this one over with! But when you see other peoples struggles and what they are going through, it does help to put things into perspective.

Cute picture of you and the girls :) Looks like Natalie likes her birthday outfit! Can't wait to see that cute swim suit this summer :) I just can't wait for our camping trips!!

I'm Jenny said...

I am grateful everyday for Jordan who is a solid, head on his shoulders, smart, honest teenager. He is setting a great example for his younger siblings. Hopefully our families won't have to endure those kinds of trials. But, everything we are tried with is for our good - making us better people - refining us - teaching us what we need to know to get back to our Heavenly Home. Good thing the Lord has given us all the tools and shields we need to protect our families. Family Home Evening is one of them. I need to be better at it too. Good post and cute picture!!

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Teach them while they are young and if they stray they will come back, right? Reminds me of last night when getting Aleigha from school...she has snuck some flip flops in her backpack from the 'beach' center activity. She lied when I asked about them. After a small discussion she agreed the truth would be better. She returned them to her teacher and apologized. Around the dinner table that night she told the story to the family so they could all learn from it. It was so fun watching her share what she had learned and express how good she now felt for doing the right thing. I, too, am convinced these lessons learned when young will be instrumental when they are teenagers.

Jenni said...

That must be such a hard project. Its so sad when stuff like that happens w/ families.

I just hope Rem stays good forever.

Lindsey Rose said...

It is so important to start while our kids are young. Some people say, Oh I will just teach them that when they are older, but then it is too late. Kids pick up on everything, and it is never too early to teach them life lessons. Good luck on the project and thanks for putting things into perspective!