Last week we spent a day planting flowers in my new flower bed. We have lived here for four years and I am finally getting around to planting things! Of course it would still be bushes and weeds if it weren't for my great husband! He is so helpful and is always getting roped into assisting me with my crazy plans. He pulled out thorny bushes, built me this cute flower bed, picked up a trailer load of dirt, carried and arranged my rocks, dug holes for the flowers, and cleaned up my mess when I got too worn out to finish! He even bought me some new gardening gloves so I wouldn't have to use some that were too big. He is so good to me. I feel so lucky. It was a fun day planting the new flowers. Natalie loved looking up at the sun coming through the trees. Libby used her mini gardening tools like a pro. She was covered in dirt from head to toe and was loving every minute of it! Here are some pictures from our adventures!
Now, every morning the girls and I go outside to smell the flowers. Libby takes a big sniff and then says, "Happy Mommy!" I have to agree with her...life is just better when you take time to appreciate the beautiful things that Heavenly Father has provided for us! I love to take time to stop and smell the roses...

1 comment:
I love your new flower bed. We'll have to come over and see it. You guys sure have made the home/yard so beautiful.
Post a Comment