Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

You can't go wrong with a three-day weekend! This Memorial Day weekend was jam-packed with adventures!
Friday morning during our walk, Cindee and I decided it would be fun to test the weather and go on a little camp out/overnighter. We quickly talked Cord and Art into going, got our gear packed and were ready to roll in just a few short hours. On our way up the canyon, we hit the biggest most crazy hail storm I have ever been in! It was hailing huge balls of ice and the canyon floor had about 2 inches of hail pile up in about 2 minutes. We could barely see and it was sooooo loud on the car. We had Sheldon with us in the car and it was making him so nervous. He was cute and covered Natalie's ears because she was sleeping and he didn't want it to wake her up. (Kids are so thoughtful.) When it cleared up, Libby kept asking for more. She must have thought it was great! Cord and I were thinking, "We are going camping in THIS!!!" Luckily, the weather was perfect for the rest of the trip.

Barbecues must have been the theme for the weekend. Not including cooking on the fire at our campground, we went to FOUR barbecues. Two on Saturday and Two on Monday. Lucky us! I love a good burger, or steak, or hot dog, or veggie burger! (I had all of them.) We played board games, cards, dominoes, ring toss, mario cart, and guitar hero. I just love both my families and our friends. It was a great taste of how much fun we are going to have this summer..

No comments: