We just got back from a nice little getaway to the East Canyon Resort with the Belnap Family. Everyone was able to come up for at least part of the time. It was fun for the kids to play with their cousins.
The kids rode their bikes all over the resort. Oliver can balance really well on his little scoot bike. He isn't as fast as the big kids, but he sure gets a kick out of scooting around. Gage is the strongest biker of the bunch. He was leading the pack up the hills. Cord and Dax took a couple of trips down the Big Mountain trail. Cord almost ran right into a Moose!! He said he came around a corner and a giant moose was standing on the trail. Luckily, after a minute the moose decided to move along so Cord could sneak past. Crazy.
On Friday night, we sang happy birthday to little Gage Man and I made some pirate cupcakes to share. Granny B and Grandpa gave Gage a glow in the dark rocket. He and Ollie spent at least an hour launching the rockets into the air. It was a big hit.
I can't remember what made Granny and Grandpa laugh so hard, but I had to post this picture of them cracking up. We have good times.
We spent two days at the East Canyon Dam enjoying our new toys. Cord and I bought a few more paddle boards to add to our collection. We figured we needed to be able to play on the water with the kids. It is hard to resist a good Costco find.
Friday, we went over with just our little fam and had lunch and played for a few hours. It was a wonderful afternoon. Saturday, the whole crew joined in on the lake adventure. Lorna rented a few jet skis, so we took turns cruising around the lake. It was a lot of fun. I drove Cord and I straight into a huge wave. We got plastered with water. I was just glad we didn't fall into the lake. It is freezing. The kids had a great time paddling around with the paddle boards and kayaks. I loved watching them take turns heading out to the buoy and back. They played and played for hours.
One of my favorite things about vacations are lazy morning when everyone is together. Gage woke up and Oliver was climbing up onto his bed. The first words out of Gage's mouth were, "Good morning Cute Face." It was the cutest. We had big dog piles on the Murphy Bed and ate breakfast in our pajamas. The kids like it when I buy these tiny boxes of cereal for breakfast. It only happens on vacation, so they look forward to it.
Libby was making Oliver laugh. It was making me laugh, to watch them laugh.
We had a great trip--nightly campfires, walks around the resort, tag at the playground, and all sorts of nice vacation-like stuff. I am glad that we have family to play with. It sure makes life fun!



















1 comment:
I totally LOVE those little boxes of cereal. I just might have to do that for our next trip! Yummy :) We had a blast. Thanks for sharing all of your toys at the Lake. Elle came home and told me that she just know's that she must have enough money in her piggy bank for a Paddle Board! I guess we'll see What sort of things Santa can dig up this year? he..he.. I love family Vacations!
Post a Comment