Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dennis Family Campout: Palisade State Park

Another year, another campout.  We have to make special note that this year my Dad camped in a tent the whole time!  Wahoo Dad.  Us kids gave my parents a new canvas tent for Christmas and he actually used it.  I was very impressed.

We camped at Palisade State Park.  It is just outside of Manti  The campground was right on the lake.  We took our boats along and we all spent most of our time on the water.  It was too hot to stay dry.  Ryan had his big water trampoline and we had several King of the Mountain rounds.




We all took turns providing food.  I love just being in charge of one meal.  It makes packing really easy and I only have to cook once!  Luckily, everyone in my family makes really tasty food.  

We lathered the kids up with sunscreen several times a day and they still ended up getting pretty tan.  Gage rode his kayak all the way across the lake and back.  We found a nice playground to play on.  Brooke and I took turns pulling the little ones in Chad's wagon to walk down to the park.  The kids played Apples to Apples in Cindee's trailer.  We sat around the campfire and roasted marshmallows.  Natty and Ben were best buddies.  They like to cuddle up on Ryan's lap.  I think it's because he teases and tickles them.  Dad, Jenn, Chad, and Matt went golfing one evening and had a nice time.





Every night the frogs in the lake started singing.  It sounded more like screaming to me!  I couldn't believe how loud they were.  The kids had a great time frog hunting.  Sheldon and Luke caught a ton of frogs.  They let the other kids hold and pet them before putting them back in the marsh.





The guys attempted a Razer ride.  Unfortunately, the machine was having issues and they had to cut it short!  :(


It takes a pretty big circle to fit all of us around a campfire.


Sunday was Father's Day!  We are really really lucky to have such a great Daddy around.  Cord is a good solid guy.  He works hard.  He likes to play with the kids.  He let's Gage help with fix it projects.  He teaches them all how to properly kick and throw a ball.  He spends time with his family.  He goes along with all my crazy plans!  We can count on Cord to carry the heavy boats to the water so we can all play.  I don't want to know what we would do without Daddy around!  We gave him a new scripture case.  His was falling apart!  And we gave him a new water bottle for his bike that is insulated.  Hopefully, it will keep his water cool on his hot rides.  The kids also drew him some pictures and Libby gave him a picture from their daddy daughter date.


My own Dad is pretty darn special too.  I bought him a new temple pin for his tie.  I wanted him to know that I am proud of his temple service.  It is a big sacrifice to work in the temple two times a week.  That is a big big commitment.  He is a great example for me and for my kids.  We love him so much.  My siblings also pitched in on a cool new tool box for his garage.



Rachelle was hurting pretty bad for most of the trip.  Jenn and Chad took her home early to get her to a doctor.  They are still trying to figure out what is causing so much pain.  We are hoping to get it resolved in the next week or so.  The doctors have run test and we are waiting on results.  I felt so bad for her!    

The last night we were there was super windy.  It sure kept the fire blazing hot!  Brooke and I were able to whip up a bunch of s'more for the kids in record time!  I was glad we didn't all blow away.

I sure like our campouts.  It is nice to get together to chat and make memories.  The kids had a blast.  They were so tired they slept the whole way home!  Except for Libby.  She isn't much of a car sleeper.  :)

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Love your huge campfire circle! We always have a hard time fitting everyone around the fire when we go with the Jorg. family. Looks like you've been getting lots of use out of your water toys! I love a good Camp out! Sounds like a blast!! :)

Crystal Taylor said...

Looks like tons of fun!