Monday, May 18, 2015

End of School Shenanigans

May is always full of concerts and performances.  It is so fun to attend different events to watch the kids shine.

Last week, Libby had her Science Olympiad competition.  She and her friend Elise got the best score in the whole 3rd grade on the clay barge building competition at Bates, so they got to attend the Regional Event at the Fairgrounds.  Cute Libby was sick with strep throat that day, but I totally let her go anyway!  She was so excited to participate, I couldn't make her stay home.  They did a great job.  The clay was so hard they had to really work and work to roll it flat.  Their tiny little arm muscles were shaking.  It was so cute.  They didn't win, but that's ok!  It was a great experience.




Thursday was a big day!  Libby was able to perform in the 3rd Grade talent show.  I always get so caught up in watching her dance, that I forget to take any pictures.  I am going to have to assign photo taking to someone else.  She did a great job.

An hour later, I dropped the boys off at a friend's house and went back to the school to see Natalie in the First Grade School Musical.  They did the same show that Libby did in first grade.  Natalie even got to do the splits in the carnival dance, just like Libby did.  Must be a Belnap tradition.  I don't think I'll make Gage do it though.  :)  Granny B came to watch with me.  We had fun chatting as we waited for the show to begin.  My mom was going to come, but she got really sick this week and wasn't able to make it.  Natalie is a little cutie to watch on stage.  She sure gets into things!






Friday night, was the choir concert at Weber High School.  The girl's were both in the school choir this year.  They had fun learning some old time folk music.  Everyone in the choir was asked to dress in Pioneer type clothes.  I asked Natalie if she wanted me to curl her hair for the performance and she shook her head and scolded me, "Mom!  They didn't have curling irons in the olden days.  We better do braids."  I guess she really wanted to be authentic.


Both grandparents came out to watch.  My mom was still sick, so she didn't want to be in the pictures.  Everyone enjoyed the concert.  The songs were all adorable and the girl's were putting on a show for us!  I am so proud of them.  My heart just swells when I watch them.





Natalie kept taking bites of her sugar cookie in between each picture.  She had frosting all over her face that I had to wipe off.  Silly girl!



Today, was the choir concert at the school.  They did two performances.  They got to wear their choir shirts to these ones.  Cute girls!  I asked them to smile big. . . and the did!

 
Today, was also Natalie's First Grade Talent Show.  So, we headed back to the school for another event!  One of Natty's friends from school is also in her dance class.  They got to perform their jazz number together.  Natalie giggled through the whole thing.  She was having a blast.  I am glad they got to do it together.  It looked so awesome.  I didn't take any pictures of the dance, (I just don't want to miss a second of the performance!) but, I snagged a few after the program was over.




It has been a lot of fun spending time with the girl's at school.  They make me a happy Mama.

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I can't believe your kids will be out of school so soon! Looks like so much fun. I love spending time with my girls at school when I can. LOVE their pioneer dresses. Did you and your mom make them? I was thinking that would be a super fun Halloween costume idea. I was thinking that a while ago, and now I really do think it would be fun! My girls still have 3 weeks of school!