I got to go to a conference last weekend for Bloggers. It was hosted at the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake City. Holy Moly Batman! What a beautiful place to stay. I shared a room with my sister Jenn. It was fun having some time to just be sisters. We had a nice dinner in the ballroom. I got a FISH BONE stuck into my tongue. It was rather embarrassing. I had to excuse myself from the table to go pull it out. Um. Not my best dinner experience. But, we got a good laugh out of it.
I loved doing Facetime with my little family at home. I got to talk to them before they went to bed. Natalie asked me, "Mom, is it morning where you are?" Like I was in a different time zone. Salt Lake IS pretty far away. ;) When they asked why I was gone, I told them, "I am a conference to learn how to be a better blogger." Gage said to me in his cute soft voice, "Mom, I love your blog posts." And the other's piped in, "You are already good at blogging!" It made me cry a little bit. They were all so cute and supportive!
When we got back to our room, the lights were dimmed, our beds had been turned down, we had chocolates on our pillows, white plush robes were laid out for us, and soft relaxing music sounded from the nightstand speaker. It was such a lovely welcome. I was seriously spoiled with the luxury. We laid in our nice, soft, clean, comfy, top-of-the line, fancy hotel beds and talked a bit before falling asleep.
Friday night, We attended the Young Women fundraiser dinner and got some fun prizes from the auction. Gotta squeeze in my church calling sometimes too! :)
Saturday morning, we left early for a dance competition. It was the last competition of the year! It was bittersweet. I sure love watching my girl's dance. I feel like I am a mother to all of the girl's and it makes me so proud to see them perform. Libby was seriously adorable. That girl knows how to turn on the charm. It is a treat to watch her on stage. Natty girl is so cute too. She is getting more and more flexible and she has beautiful dancing legs. Her class was at their best! I was so proud.
Nobody wanted to say goodbye, so we continued the party at Granny B and Grandpa's house until late in the evening. It was a great day!!
The boys and I have been loving the nice weather. We took a fun hike with my mom. We went to the dinosaur park and then out to lunch at The Oaks! We met cousins Woody and Pepper for a playdate in my parent's backyard, we went for a bike ride and Ollie is really getting the hang of his scoot bike! So many fun adventures.
On our hike, I kept saying, "Look at how beautiful the yellow flowers are!" After awhile, Gage asked me, "Mom, do you want to take a picture of them so that you can see them forever?" It was such a cute suggestion. I made sure he was in the picture too so I could remember his thoughtfulness. Love that boy!
Ollie and Pepper on a blanket! They are so cute together.












2 comments:
I always take a little time to catch up on your blog during the week - such fun memories! I loved our time at the SNAP conference! So glad we get to do stuff together as sisters once in a while! It's fun having a sister as one of your best friends! :)
Looks like you're keeping busy! Sounds like a fun weekend! Glad the kids could go to the movies and play afterward! We need to have some fun play dates once school is out!
Post a Comment