Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day Mania

We felt the Mom love this weekend with out Mother's Day Celebrations.

Friday night, we kicked things off with a party at the Belnap house.  The weather wasn't cooperating for a BBQ, but we were able to move things inside and had a good night anyway!  We gave Lorna lots of bundles of wood because she loves having fires in the fire pit.  The kids told her that, "We WOOD not trade you for any other Grandma in the whole world."


Granny B is an awesome Grandma.  She loves everyone so much and makes an effort to attend all the important events.  My kids love to play at her house and look forward to our vacations together.

Saturday, Caden got his mission call!  YAY.  It was so exciting to watch him open the letter.  He is going to the Philippians.  Crazy.  I am proud of him.  It is not easy to go on a mission.

Gage played in his final soccer game of the season!  I was so proud of him.  He really got after the ball this time and scored two goals.  He had several other close calls.  He is such a cute little athlete.  He earned a Slurpee for his efforts!


That night, I got to dress up fancy and headed to Salt Lake City with Jenn for the Best of State Gala at the Salt Palace.  Get Away Today won the award for Best Travel Agency in Utah.  I am not surprised.  I mean, check out their blog sometime.  It is awesome.  ;)



We had a nice dinner.  The entertainment is what makes the event so fun.  We saw a magician, broadway singer, brass band, orchestra, comedian, and more!  Everyone did a great job.  I was tapping my toes the whole time.  It's always good to have a fancy night out on the town.

When I got home, I noticed a whole bunch of sticky notes with arrows on them stuck to the wall.  They led me in the direction of Natalie and Libby's room.  Cord told me that the girl's wanted me to be sure and give them a kiss and a hug when I got home.  It was really cute.


Mother's Day was Sunday!  The kids showered me with notes and gifts all morning.  In fact, I ended up heading the church with wet hair because of it.  I love little kid notes.  They are full of misspelled words, silly doodles, and tons of LOVE.  Cord gave me a buff.  The kids had fun trying out all of the different options.  I will look cool camping this summer in my cute buff headwear.



We had a lovely picnic at my Mom's house that afternoon.  We at a tasty dinner and then the kids all decorated "boats" to race down the river.  Oliver LOVES racing boats.  It is so exciting to watch him drop his boat in at the top of the river and then race down to the second bridge to retrieve it from the water!  The best part is that the boat takes 45 seconds to get all the way down the stream and Oliver is in ready position in like 5 seconds.




All the girls in the family put on bright lipstick and had a mini photoshoot while the guys took care of all the cleanup!  We had a lot of good laughs posing for the camera.  I love my sisters so much.  We have a great time together for sure.



And...I got the best mom in the whole wide world.  I want to be just like her.  She works hard, makes time for fun, cooks the most amazing food, is active and healthy, kind, and positive.  I can count on her for anything at any time!  She jumps on the trampoline with the kids, takes them for walks around the pond, plays Memory with Gage, and watches the girl's dance.  She invites the kids over for sleepover parties and takes them swimming at Rachelle's pool.  She is the center of our family and I love her so much.  So do all my kiddos.  :)

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Mom's are awesome!! I don't think you can fully appreciate everything they do for you, until you become a parent yourself! Lots of pretty mom's in your pictures! :)