Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Turkey Day with the Belnaps

Thanksgiving is such a happy day.  I love the warm cozy feeling of being with family, giving thanks,  and eating comfort food.

Cord usually goes on a big outdoor adventure on Thanksgiving morning, but this year he decided to stay home.  I didn't get assigned to make any pies either.  It freed up our whole morning.  The kids were chomping at the bit to carve their present turkeys.  So, we let them!  I am glad that it makes them so happy.



Libby has been begging for "footie jammies."  I thought it would be fun to have all the kids match this Christmas season.  This picture makes me want to snuggle them all day long.  I love my babies.

The oldest kids stayed home and watched the parade, and Cord and I took Oliver for a nice long walk.  It was nice to talk with Cord and enjoy the beautiful morning outdoors.

Then, we all got dressed and ready and headed over the river and through the woods to Granny-B's house!  We got there a bit early so Monica and I could put together the fruit turkey.  It makes me smile when I see the colorful bird made out of fruit.  It was a tasty snack to much on through the day.



We snapped a few quick pictures in the backyard while we were waiting for the whole crew to show up for dinner.




The whole group on the deck...



We had a very delicious dinner with all the fixin's.


After dinner we rounded up the little ones and went outside to play games.  Cord was really cute with the kids.  They love it when the adults play too.  We played tag with a football, red light green light, and had three-legged races.  It was really fun.  I thought my leg was going to snap doing the 3-legged races.  The kids laughed and we all got our wiggles out.  We also made room in our bellies for dessert!  

It was a really nice Thanksgiving.

We have had lots of fun adventures lately.  The kids met their cousins at the Treehouse Museum to explore and play.  The girl's were able to act out little parts in a Partici-Play, and they all had fun in the different areas of the museum.  We stayed a long time!  



We celebrated Graham's birthday at the Hogle Zoo with the Dennis fam.  We were blessed with fantastic weather.  Everyone had such a nice time wandering though the zoo and checking out the animals.  Even Cord mentioned what a nice relaxing day it was.  It is nice to visit on the off-season.  There aren't any crowds and the animals were all putting on a show for us!
  

Cord and I had to take all of the pre-lit lights off of our Christmas tree because so many strands were shorting out.  It took us pretty much all night on Saturday to get them off.  It was a project of endurance.  We got some new colored lights to put on it.  I think it is so fun.  When I sit and read by the tree at night, my heart is full.  It is so beautiful.  I love this season.  I'll have to take some pictures of the decorations that are up!  I am getting so excited for Christmas.  I have been ordering and getting packages that are filling up our hiding spots.  Being a parent is a pretty fantastic job!

Happy Holidays!


1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Cute post Adelle! You are so positive and such a good Mom :) I love this time of year also. I love your new lights. The tree is so tall and amazing, and it's fun to change things up anyway! Glad it all worked out. I kind of miss having vaulted ceilings. Grandma's little tree is my new favorite though :) See you Saturday!