Monday, December 8, 2014

The Holiday's are Party Days

Tis the Season for Holiday Parties.  I can't say I mind one bit.  It is so fun to spend time with our friends and families celebrating Christmas together.

On Saturday, we had the Annual Belnap Christmas party.  It was such a nice event.  We kicked things off with a pizza dinner at Ligori's.  Lorna had reserved a spot and pre ordered our pizza.  We had the entire restaurant to ourselves.  Everyone got to sample lots of tasty pizza combinations until we were stuffed full.

Then, we headed over to Christmas Village to see the lights.  We have had an extremely mild Fall.  It has been so warm, it almost doesn't feel like December!  I miss the snow, but I didn't miss being cold at the lights.  It was a perfect evening for wandering through the colorful wonderland.  The kids played tag on the grass, rode the train, and gazed in the windows of the Christmas Village houses.

We finished things off with Lorna's homemade hot chocolate.  I am always a little bit on edge trying to keep track of four busy kiddies.  I breathed a sigh of relief when we were all buckled up and accounted for at the end of our adventure!












After the lights, we invited the crew over to our house for a little after-party!  I figured the night was still young, so we might as well keep the party going.

We had such a good time chatting amidst all of the Christmas decorations.  Monica and I made piles and piles of hot, fresh homemade Churros.  They were so tasty!  I am going to keep the recipe on hand for sure.  The little kids played with toys and ran around in the light of the full moon outside.  Dax brought his guitar and played some nice tunes.  Abby sang us a few numbers.  We sat around the kitchen table and talked and laughed until late into the night.  





********

Saturday morning we had our Utah Dance Academy Christmas Party.  I got to be a helper this year, because I am a teacher now.  Kathy and Ashley gave all the teachers cute new jackets with out names on them.  Mine is nice and cozy.  I love it.  I feel so lucky to have such a nice place to work.  

Cord brought the kids and we all had breakfast together.  Then, they saw Santa!  Everyone wrote letters to Santa, got their faces painted, and decorated Christmas Cookies.  It was a cute little party for sure.




"Dear Santa.  I love you.  Do your reindeer like carrots?"




********

On Sunday evening we drove to Chick-fil-a for dinner.  I thought Chick-fil-a was closed on Sunday, you ask?!  It was open this time for the company Christmas Party.  Since I am the official Facebook gal, I got an invite.  (Also, because my nice brother is the owner!)  It was a lot of fun.  The kids got to run around with their cousins.  We had a nice catered dinner and played some games.  Everyone's favorite game is rolling in the loot!  The kids all got wrapped with duct tape and then rolled through a big pile of treats and cash.  It is very exciting to see what sticks.  We sang a few karaoke songs.  Caden won an Apple TV in the raffle.  He got the lucky Dennis genes.  It was a good way to end the weekend.


2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I love the holidays. I love the lights! And it's always fun to get the cousins together! Looks like you had a full weekend for sure :)

I'm Jenny said...

Such a fun time of year!!