Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Magic at Temple Square

Last Saturday, Cord and I had the pleasure of taking the girl's to Salt Lake City.  We got lucky and scored tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert.  I was so excited because this year the choir invited The Sesame Street Muppets to join them.  The other guest performer was the man who did the voice of Hans in the movie Frozen.  It was the perfect concert for the girl's first experience at the Conference Center.  Libby said, "Mom, Hans has a really good voice actually."  I think that is why he was invited to sing!  He was also darling with his interactions with the Muppets and with the audience.

The Muppets were so cute.  All of their personalities shined.  I was bursting with happiness the whole time.  It was like the whole place was filled to the brim with the Christmas Spirit.  Natalie's favorite part was the dancers.  She always sat a little bit taller in her chair when they came onto the stage.  It was a beautiful night.
 


Before the concert started we had dinner at City Creek.  There were so many people everywhere.  It was a zoo!  But, we were able to grab some pizza and a smoothie in plenty of time to get to our seats by 7:30.  After the show, we wandered through the lights on Temple Square.  They are so magical.  Cute little Allison watched our boys for us.  It sounds like Gage and Oliver had a great time at home with their babysitter!  I love having such adorable nieces.

****

Sunday evening, we had Brent and Lorna over for a Christmas Dinner.  We had warm soup and breadsticks and then finished things off with brownie fudge sundaes.  I made some fresh hot fudge and it was mmmmmmmm.  Brent brought the kids some Christmas Cookies.  They were the kind his aunt used to make for him during the Holiday.  They are called tinkles.  After we ate, we watched the Christmas Carol movie.  It was a cartoon, but it was totally creepy and weird.  Nat and Gage had to go upstairs because they were freaked out!  After it ended we all laughed at how weird it was.  No one dared to say anything during the movie because we all thought everyone else was enjoying it.  Lorna said she wouldn't be sharing it with any of the other families they were visiting.  Sometimes failures turn into the best memories!  Thinking about it makes me giggle.




I had a busy week at the dance studio and loved it.  I feel like I am starting to get to know the girls and I enjoy their fun personalities.  I was given a whole pile of cute Christmas gifts too.  It made my heart so happy.

****

Wednesday night was the Young Women's Christmas Party at the church.  My parents were awesome and cooked a bunch of beef and chicken and beans for our menu.  We had Cafe Rio salads.  The girl's loved it.  My parents are awesome!  It was fun to be with the cute YW.  They are a great group.

***

Friday, my mom came out to North Ogden and we did a surprise visit to Libby's classroom.  Each parent was asked to bring a holiday book and activity to share with the kids.  Libby was so excited to see Grandma!  We brought a bunch of props and a book called The Angel Trees.  We used to read and perform the book every christmas when we were little.  The kids in Libby's class got to act out the story in a partici-play.  I think they all had a great time.  There were plenty of giggles.


***

Saturday Morning was our Ward Christmas Party.  It was a polar express party.  I was able to take some of the cute train decorations home to "store them"....which means I get to use them for my own personal parties too.  I think Oliver is going to have a pretty awesome train party for his birthday this year.  YAY!  Ollie would have nothing to do with Santa.  Not even a candy cane bribe would get him near the man in the red suit.  We have a great ward.




****

Sunday, I sang in a trio for the Christmas Program during Sacrament Meeting.  It was nice to learn a song and perform.  Service always enriches my life.  I need to do more of it!  We had great lessons focused on the Savior.  It was the perfect reminder of what Christmas is all about.

Sunday night was the annual Dennis Family It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Yar party.  I look forward to our evening all year.  We had a fantastic dinner:  Salmon, Corn Chowder, Rolls, Salad, Fruit, Veggie and Cheese Tray.  It was fantastic.  Ryan and Eva had everything decorated so festively.  The fire was burning in the stove,  bright candles lined the tables,  and we were surrounded by twinkling lights on the tree.  The kids ran wild.  We brought back our childhood tradition of preforming the Angel Tree play.  I had all the props rounded up from our trip to Libby's class, so I brought them along.  It was so cute!  The kids loved acting out the story.  We even did an adult version of the play.  I was very impressed with the acting abilities of my siblings.  :)  We sang Christmas Carols and made up new words to the 12 Days of Christmas.  The kids and kids at heart decorated gingerbread cookies.  Oliver enjoyed sampling all of the candy toppings.  Gage plied his cookie so high with treats that he could barely fit it into his mouth.  It was a perfect Christmas Night!



We have some much to be grateful for.  I think the most important gift I can give my children this Holiday Season is the gift of love.  They feel it from the Gospel of Jesus Christ and from our wonderful family.  I know that my days have been full of joy.  Only a few more days until Christmas!  Yay.

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like you've been busy with fun Christmas Festivities! I love this time of year! Can't wait to see you guys on Christmas :)

I'm Jenny said...

This is such a fun time of year!