Monday, November 17, 2014

The Miner's Club Getaway (Dennis Family Campout)

The morning after Halloween, we loaded up our vacation gear and headed to Park City.  It was my turn to plan the Dennis Family Campout this year.  The Summer of 2014 was a crazy one for coordinating schedules with my siblings.  There wasn't a time that all of us could go on a campout, so we had to push things back into the fall.  I didn't mind though!  I was able to reserve some seriously amazing condos in Park City off of a Government Employee Travel Site.  We had 7 nights at a 5-Star resort.  We got three condos.  They were bigger than my house.  Really.  I wish I was joking.

It was the "Off Season" so we pretty much had the entire place to ourselves.  It was so fun!  People came and went as their schedules required.  It was nice that it was close enough to do that!  We came home for school and dance on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The resort and a lot of great features.  There was a giant game room with ping pong, table hockey, chess and checkers tables, toys for the little ones, and all sorts of board games and puzzles.  The kids practically lived in the place!  We never saw anyone else in there besides our group.

The pool was heated to a lovely warm temperature.  We swam every day at least a few times and once during a snow storm!   It was delightful.  There was also a giant hot tub that we soaked in when we wanted to get really toasty.  Oliver learned to say "hot tub."  It is so cute.  We spent a lot of time in the water.



We had lots of yummy meals together.  We went shopping at the outlets and I got some new clothes!  Yay!  We walked along Main Street in Park City and browsed through the gift shops.   We stayed up late playing games.  We had a Halloween party and mom made her delicious spud nuts.  Cord took several rides up the mountain on his bike.  We took walks through the ski resorts.  It was really just a lovely little relaxing trip.


Evening walk at the Canyons.


 Some good popcorn here folks...


A walk in the snow.  It was so beautiful to have snow falling!

Serious game going on...

Warming up after our walk!


Watching cartoons in bed.  

We love it when Aunt Cindee gets up early for a doughnut run.


I love my sister!



Hanging out in the lounge.

On Thursday night the resort had a scavenger hunt.  The kids had a great time running through the hotel finding clues.  They each got a treat at the end for their hard work...



These two!


Game night!


At 1:00 in the morning...


We checked out the Utah Olympic Park.  Here is the Dennis Family Bobsled Team!



Pretty amazing views.


All the Grandkids (minus Woody and Pepper).  It is such a fun group!




I am glad that I don't have to be the planner for another 6 years.  It's a big job.  But, it is worth it.  I love spending time with my family.  There were moments when my heart was totally full watching the cute cousins play and interact with each other.  Natalie and Ben held hands pretty much wherever they went.  The little boys all fought like dogs, but loved every minute of it.  Libby got to sleep in my mom's condo.  So she was as happy as could be.  It doesn't get any better than this.  

2 comments:

I'm Jenny said...

I love reading all the wonderful memories on your blog! This was a great trip! I wonder where 2015 will take us on the Dennis Family Campout! :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like such a fun time! Pool time sounds fun too. Family is the BEST and time spent with them can't be beat!