This year we brought our tent to sleep in. Cord had our little camp set up in a jiffy. The last time we used the tent was in our living room at home just before Oliver was born. Cord had a sleepover with all the kids so I could sleep all night long in my bed upstairs. The kids had a great time. I was up most of the night having contractions! Right before I decided I had better wake Cord up, the contractions slowed down and eventually stopped. Oliver must not have wanted to ruin their mini camping trip. He waited a few more days to join us!
Anyway...back to the trip. The kids spent most of their free time playing at the playground. It is pretty much shaded all day long. They made up all sorts of games, made forts, established clubs, played house, and had a grand time.
Cord was able to use his nifty camping stove that he made. He has been excited to try it out! It boiled water and cooked the kid's Ramen Noodles without a glitch. I think he had fun using it and the kids sure liked their noodles.
Saturday afternoon we drove up to the kids fishing pond to do a little fishing. There were 1.6 million bugs flying around by the water. I guess they are May Flies. They don't bite, but they do bug. Once we got used to the little pests, we were able to catch a few fish. The kids almost all had a turn reeling one in. Grandpa helped Gage catch his own fish.
We had plenty of opportunities to cool off. The kids enjoyed running around in the Splash Play.
It is pretty cold water!
We swam all three days as well. Our little ones are turning into fish! Libby has learned how to do flips under water. They can dive for toys. Natalie is learning how to swim without her floats! She loves it. I am still nervous as can be watching her. Oliver floated around with Mommy in the baby pool. And Gage had a great time splashing us.
We got wet even when we weren't swimming, because it rained every afternoon/evening. We could pretty much count on having the storm clouds roll in every time we tried to fix dinner! The men cooked our food over the fire under the big umbrellas!
Luckily, we could all go over to escape the summer storms at the Evan's condo. The kids played with play dough, watched a movie, and had some tasty strawberry snacks that Aleigha made for the group. It was kind of fun to play in the rain. The kids took their umbrellas to the park and built little shelters to enjoy the storm.
We were happy that our tent didn't leak! Our stuff stayed dry and warm.
YAY for camping, family, and summer fun!





1 comment:
Cute pictures Adelle! So different from pictures I took. Love it!! I snagged a few with my girls in them :) I totally enjoyed this trip.
Post a Comment