Monday, July 15, 2013

Birthday Girl Gets Her Wish

It feels like I was just posting about my 30th birthday and here I am writing about turning 31.  I feel like time is zipping right along (except for those few weeks before Oliver was born...those days dragged quite a bit!)

Lucky for me, each and every day is full of cute faces, yummy food, great views, kisses, and fun outings.  Seems like there is always something to look forward to and enjoy.  My birthday this year did not disappoint!

On my Birthday Eve, my mom watched my kiddos so Cindee and I could meet to do a little bit of birthday shopping.  We went to that great new place called Farmington Crossing.  We each got a whole bag full of new running gear because we are training for a 10K race in September.  This is my first race.  I am excited to get into shape.  I haven't ever been a "runner" so this race will stretch me and push me to be better.  It's going to be fun because so many of my favorite peeps are going to be racing with me!  So far it looks like Jenn, Cindee, Eva, Brooke, Monica, and Dax are all in.  Yay! 


We said that the best part about running is buying all the cute gear!  After we finished shopping, we had lunch at Zuppa's.  I am lucky to have such a great sister-friend to share my birthday week with. 

When I got back to my Mom's house, I found a whole pan of these delightful homemade lemon/rasperry bars waiting for me.  Just one of the many many reasons why my mom is the best! Yummy, yummy.


Just before bed, Cord brought in a gift that Lorna sent.  I opened up a super cute new nightgown and some slippers.  It was a fun surprise.  So, I wore new jammies to bed... 

On my actual birthday, I woke to my cute Cord fixing a nice hot breakfast!  We ate and then headed up to the Valley to go paddle boarding.  Eva watched our kiddos so we could enjoy some time on the lake.  I thought it might rain, but we got lucky.  The temperature was perfect and the overcast made it so we didn't get too hot.  I had a great time chatting with Cord and enjoying the beautiful morning.



 


 

After we grabbed the little ones, we headed over to The Oaks in Ogden Canyon for lunch.  The kids thought it was great to eat outside.  We saw a big fish in the river that Gage named Bob.  Our lunch was super yum.  It could have been because I was crazy hungry, but I thought everything was so good.  The kids actually ate their food (amazing for our children!!) and cute little Oliver sat in his seat and gazed up at the trees.  I just kept feeling like I was so lucky to have such a cute little family to spend the afternoon with.  The waitress brought out a huge, delicious hot fudge sundae for my birthday treat.  It was seriously delightful.  We all got a spoon and shared it!


 


After lunch, we did a bit of shopping and then watched a movie that night.

Saturday morning, I went on a 10 mile bike ride with Mom, Jenn, and Chad.  We started at Rainbow Gardens and rode along the River Parkway to Riverdale.  It was so fun!  We had a bit of rain that added to our adventure.  It was a great little encore to my birthday celebrations.


I sure had one HAPPY birthday.

   

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Sounds like a fantastic Birthday for sure!! It's fun to get out and enjoy life :) Happy Birthday!!!