Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Our cute friends Katie and Ben invited a group of our neighborhood friends up to their family cabin for a weekend getaway.  Katie had the whole outing perfectly planned and organized down to the soft gummy worms on the dirt cake! 

Aren't we lucky that we got to spend the weekend at this beautiful place??  I couldn't even get it all in my camera frame...


We spent the evening on Friday playing all sorts of arcade games in the game room.  The kids loved playing skeeball and this little spinny ball game...



The big kids liked playing all the games as well!  Cord always enjoys a little friendly competition.
During the bumper pool match, we had fun reminiscing about how we started our romance playing pool together.  :)  That was a long time ago...


Of course, while the boys played the girls chatted. 
It was fun to just sit and relax and talk about all sorts of fun girl stuff!
We are all lucky that Katie loves to make good food...especially treats!
There was quite the selection of tasty snacks that we munched on the whole time.


Every few minutes, Gage would sneak into the kitchen to grab another gummy worm off the cookie pudding.


We all stayed up way too late talking and laughing about silly stuff. 

We got special treatment and had one of the mater bedrooms all to ourselves!  It was so nice.
Good thing we had a big bed, because by the morning we had three extra sleepers nestled under our covers.  It was nice and cozy...

Oliver and Johnny were born just over a week apart.  Aren't they cute little baby buddies?


Loving the snuggly jammies and all of the attention...


Saturday was full of fun adventures!
We had a huge breakfast and then set off to play outside.
There was a big group walk, archery, Frisbee golf, and a bad-mitten tournament going on!

The girls both gave a shot at archery.



Bet ya can't guess who got the bulls-eye? 
It was Cord...of course!  :)


Doesn't that grass look green?  That is because it isn't grass.  It's turf.  Cool right?
They had a fun mini-golf course in the backyard too.  I know right???


We had a couples tournament at bad-mitten. 
The pressure was on!
Cord and I were eliminated our first round because I missed the game winning/loosing birdie!
I think they hit it to me on purpose...
Ah well.


We really did have such a lovely time with our new friends.  There was plenty of food, laughter, and fun to go around!

I am lucky enough to go walking three times a week with my girl friends and we also meet for book club once a month!  It is so fun to have friends in my neighborhood to hang out with.  
I feel really blessed.

Thanks Katie and Ben for the awesome getaway!
I look forward to many more summer fun adventures to come.

2 comments:

Katie said...

We were so glad you guys could come! We seriously LOVED it. And now I am so glad I bought that extra bag of gummy worms ;)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

That is some serious resort living! :) How fun to have so many awesome friends in your neighborhood and ward!! Looks like a lot of fun.