Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Full to the Brim

Wheeewwweeee!  Our Memorial Day Weekend was full to the brim with fun, fun, fun.
Gage turned THREE, and we celebrated for FOUR straight days.

When I asked Gage what he wanted for his birthday he kept telling me things like,
"I want a new scooter for Libby."
"I want to get a tiny car for baby Oliver."
"I want to plant flowers with Daddy"
It was so cute!  Talk about easy to please and incredibly thoughtful...

So we put together a big outdoor sleepover at my mom's house with the cousins.
It went something like this:

We got these cool Marshmallow Tree Seeds and Magic Gardening Dust "in the mail."
The kids were excited to plant them at the party.


We all ate dinner, set up camp, and went for a walk around the pond.
(There are a bunch of baby ducks, turtles, and even pelicans right now!  So cool.)

When we got back, we started the fire and did some planting.

 Gage made a hole for the "marshmallow seeds" and all the kids put one in.


Everyone sprinkled a bit of magic dust...
 

And they put on some water to make it grow.
 

The seeds need a bit of time to sprout, so my mom took all the kids up in the front to play a few rounds of duck, duck, goose!  


And Grandpa busted out a little birthday gardening kit for Gage.
He loves the wheelbarrow.
 

In the meantime...
 The tree grew.  


(Well actually, Cord built the tree and Eva put the marshmallows on!)

The kids thought it was just lovely having all those fluffy white marshmallows to eat.
Except Libby.  She was furious that the tree was "fake."
I guess I can't play pretend with her anymore.  She likes the truth.
I think she got over it once we starting roasting up our mallow harvest over the fire though...


The little birthday boy!
 



One funny thing:  I ran up to the car to get something and saw a fire truck drive by.  I mentioned to Matt, "Do you think they are here for us?"   Ha...ha...ha...
I walked back to the backyard and guess who showed up?  A pack of firemen!
Someone had seen our smoke and called them.  Oh boy.
They were really nice about it, but they wrote mom's name in their little black book and told us to keep the flames much much lower and smaller.  Whoops.  :)

Here is camp!  My cute mom slept on the trampoline with my girls so I could take the baby in where it was warm.  Gage decided to sleep inside by me too. 
 

Aunt Rachelle volunteered to sleepover with the kids too.  She is such a good sport!
Mom made us a delicious breakfast in the morning.





After we ate and cleaned up camp, we went over to Rachelle's place for some swimming fun!

I have to post this picture to prove that I got in the pool.
It happens so rarely, that my kids kept saying, "MOM!  You are in the water!"
The water was actually warm enough for me to swim around for a bit. 


Even the little buddy got to dip his toes in for a bit.


Oh YEAH!  Summer is Officially here.
 
 


Cord and his bro's were heading up to test their manliness levels backpacking to Fish Lake in the SNOW, so he wasn't around for party day's One and Two.   The kids and I were all set to sleep over at my parents house again, when I got a call from Cord.  They had decided to come home a day early because the snow was too deep for them to even set up a proper camp.  And they couldn't get to the lake, so the fishing wasn't going great.  :)  So, the kids and I headed home to see daddy!


Sunday evening we headed over to Granny B's house for dinner and to pick up the Ranger.
We had a mini celebration for the Gage Boy.  

Granny put some candles in a Twinkie and gave him a bunch of squishy guys to play with.


 

Monday we put our flag up on the house and headed out to Inspiration Point for a bit of Ranger riding.  We stopped on the way to get some birthday doughnuts.  :)


The scenery was beautful and green because of all this rain we've had lately!
 


Oliver looked around, smiled, and then fell asleep for the rest of the trip!

 
The kids would laugh their heads off when branches would scrape against the Ranger.
They loved the big hills too.  It was fun to listen to them giggle.


Libby even spotted some deer.
Gage said he wanted to spot a bear.  I kind of hoped we didn't see one of those.



There was still too much snow to make it to the top of the peak, but we didn't mind.
We had a picnic lunch and Cord let the kids drive the Ranger.  They thought that was pretty fantastic.
It was a great little outing.

Sure do love my little birthday boy.  I can't believe he is THREE already.
He is so smart and fun.  We love listening to him talk.  Sometimes his brain goes faster than his mouth, but we don't mind.  It just makes his stories all the more interesting...
 He loves to ride his bike and play "pretend" with the girls.
He snuggles on Oliver and sometimes causes trouble!
Gage is one cute boy.
 

Happy Birthday Gage!!

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Looks like a pretty fun Birthday weekend to me! I love getting outside. And I love that the weather is getting warmer so that we can :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

P.S. I totally LOVE the Marshmellow Tree! Libby is too smart :)