I will always remember this perfect Mother's Day gift...cute little Ollie was blessed on Sunday! It was so nice to hear all of the wonderful things in store for this handsome little guy. Cord gave him a beautiful blessing full of great things to come!
It is always so touching for me to see the faces of our family in the chapel--there to show their love and support to our family and especially to Oliver. I was overwhelmed with love for them. The Spirit touched my heart and confirmed to me that Heavenly Father loves me and my family. We are so lucky to have the Gospel in our home.
After the main event, we all headed over to the Gazebo Park for a combined Mother's Day and Blessing Day celebration! It was so fun for me to have my mom and Lorna there. We all got to eat and talk and take pictures. Cute Cord put together a little gift for each of the moms that came to the party. He wanted to thank them for sharing their special day with Oliver and show his love for his sisters/sister-in-laws and his mom and mine.
This is quite a group:
Cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, sisters, brother, mom and dad!
Whew...
Matt, me and our babies!
The cousins played and played and played.
Monica making Ollie smile!
We just love his guts!
After our yummy lunch, we headed back to our place and spent some time looking through the photo books I made recently. It was fun to browse though them and to reminisce about the many things we have done together as a family.
It was just perfect.
*****
Libby was terribly excited to give me the Mother's Day book she made at school. She woke up, jumped out of bed, and raced down to the living room to give me her gift. In her book about me, she said that she loves me because I turn on her sleep music at night and because I pack her lunch for school. She drew a darling picture of us holding hands. Ohhhh...little kids are the best!!
Cord made me a nice hot fancy breakfast too!
All three kids were dying to show me this:
Our ward did a fundraiser for girls camp and sold mother's day signs and chocolate covered strawberries. (No pictures of the beautiful strawberries I'm afraid. I ate them today for breakfast!) The kids couldn't have been more excited to show me the sign in the yard!! It is seriously more fun to see the excitement on their faces than to get the actual gifts. They make my heart full.
I have found that the very
best Mother's Days aren't made great because of fancy gifts or amazing
outings. They are sweet because I am reminded of the gift it is to simply be a mother. I have already received the very best gifts possible. They call me mom. I couldn't ask for more!








3 comments:
It's so good to see that your sign is up--those beehives had troubles getting them in, it was cute :) You're one pretty amazing mother!!
What a beautiful day. Ollie looks so cute. So happy for you!
It WAS a really good day. One of the best! It was fun spending time with family, and I loved looking at your books :) Cord was so cute giving all of us girls a gift!!
Post a Comment