Halloween this year was not a Trick!
We were Treated with Good Food, Great Family, and Plenty of Yummy Candy!
The girls requested to be mermaids, so I honed in on my creative powers and sewed up a couple of mermaid outfits for them to swim around in.
I really like sewing costumes. It is a great way to learn how to sew without having to worry too much about making things perfect! Although, costume fabric is a pain in the tail to work with! Grrr...
Gage decided to be Jake from Disney's Jake and the Neverland Pirates!
His costume was much much easier for mommy to stitch together.
Fleece is nice and forgiving. He was such a good little pirate.
We had a party up at Ryan's house on Sunday. Here is a shot of the cousin's all dressed up!
I decided five was a nice round number. :) YUM!
Over the last few days, I got into the spirit of the Holiday and made some festive eats!
Bone Bread, Veggie Skeleton, and White Chocolate Skeletons...
Halloween morning we headed over to the Elementary School for the costume parade!
We got to see all sorts of fun spooks! Libby loves her teacher Mrs. Carter.
I forgot to pack my nice camera on Halloween night!
So...the phone pics will have to do.
I love my little Spooks!!!
We all had soup and bread at Granny B's house, and then ventured out to Trick or Treat together.
Here are the kids! I think this was the 50th attempt for a photo.
You can see that many of the kids are looking a big tired of saying, "Cheese."
All the kids were racing from house to house like maniacs!
We could barely keep up with them.
Gage was killing me with how fascinated he was with the whole process.
He would say "trick or treat" at the door in the cutest little tiny voice,
and then run back to me and tell me what he got.
"Mommy, they gave me two prizes!"
"I got a sucker Mom!"
"They put candy in my bag!"
Every house was like he was experiencing a miracle.
I loved being part of it.
I think the kids were extremely happy with the evening.
And...I remembered to pack their toothbrushes.
So, when we got home with sleeping kids, we just carried them to their beds,
and I was able to rest easy knowing the sugar bugs weren't pooping on their teeth. :)







2 comments:
It was fun last night, despite chasing the kids around. I sure got my exercise! I rather enjoyed visiting after the trick or treating was done. Much more relaxed for me. The rolls were amazing as always!! They filled the house with the most yummy smell :) You are a fantastic cook!!
Such darling costumes! Looks like it must still be a tad bit warmer than we're feeling here!! Love the festive halloween foods!! Super creative.
Post a Comment