Friday, November 30, 2012

The Feast



With all of the Christmas Decorations in full force, it seems strange to be talking about Thanksgiving, but I wanted to give a shout out to the Feast Day.  It was delicious and relaxing.

I love Turkey Day.  It such a perfect way to start the Holiday Season.  We get to think about our family and all of the blessing that we have.  I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my life.  There is nothing lacking and it is incredibly full.

Cord did his annual "get out and be active" activity that morning with a mountain bike ride up on the North Ogden Divide.  Dax, Doug, Kevin, and another guy joined him.  They were smart to burn off their calories before dinner!  Cord loves to be outdoors.  Exercise makes him happy and he is so good at it!


I stayed home from the ride and baked pies!  I love making tasty things in the kitchen.  The kids played around my feet and did some sampling.  We listed to Christmas music.  The house smelled like cinnamon and caramel.  I did plenty of dishes and whipped an entire bowl of cream!  We ended up with quite the selection for the dessert table.

We got to Granny B's house at the same time as Bree and Elle.  The kids thought that was fantastic!  We snapped a big family photo to prove that we were all there, and then we sat down to enjoy a nice dinner together.  Brent and Lorna had everything ready so we could just dive in!  Lorna does a great job preparing all the fixings.


The boys carved and sampled the turkey...


Libbers had rolls and corn and olives and cranberries.  I think that is a step up from last year.  Her plate is beginning to see new things...slowly but surely.


Playing with the food...

A triumphant finish!  I think we all felt like this after we slicked off our plates for the second time!


There wasn't a whole lot of room left in my belly after the feast!  The baby was kicking during the whole meal.  I think he likes Thanksgiving!


The weather was beautiful so the kids got to run and play outside for a long time after dinner.  They were smart.  Most of us big kids lounged around on the couch--talking, looking at ads, and playing games together, and of course, eating pie!









The rest of the weekend was spent decorating, reading, shopping, and enjoying time off school and work.  


It was a very Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

It was a really nice day. You got some great pictures to capture it. I still haven't blogged because I'm out of space, and don't want to pay. Cheap I guess. I need to make some books and delete stuff, so I can keep blogging. Thanksgiving was awesome!! :)