Monday, November 19, 2012

The Week of Gratitude and Pie (and Turkey)

You better believe I am one grateful Turkey.  My goodness my life is blessed.  I have spent the last week trying to decide what kinds of pies to make on Thanksgiving.  There are too many to choose from.  Way too many!  How lucky are we to have such an abundance of good things to cook and eat?  I can hardly wait to bust out the butter and cream.

I had a chance to go to an apple cooking class with Cindee and Eva last week.  Cute little Savana watched all the kids so we could go.  She is a brave girl.  It was fun to do something new and get some tips on cooking with apples because we have our two trees in the backyard that are usually loaded with fruit!  I got a nifty little apple peeler/core/slicer gadget that we are having a blast with.  The kids have been eating apples by the bushel.  That is one treat that I am very happy to serve.  I am going to use it to cut the apples for the pie on Thursday.  Can't wait!  It is like playing in the kitchen.

On Saturday night I got to enjoy a Girls Night Out with some of my favorite girls around--my mom and sisters!  We had some dinner at the new Kneaders restaurant (I got an eclair for dessert!) and then headed over to the theater to see the final Twilight movie. 

It is nice to have some time to chat and laugh and relax together.  I have such a great family.  I am so lucky to have so many sisters to be friends with.  I don't have a lot of other friends that I talk to and spend time with, so my sisters are pretty much my best buddies.  Can't complain about that!

We are going to have to find a new excuse to get together now that the Twilight movies are over!

 And what else?  Well...


My mom watched my kids so I could do some secret shopping this morning.  I love being Santa's helper.

I got 10.5 hours of sleep last night.

I have just over three months left of this pregnancy.  Can I get a whoot whoot?

I had leftover coconut cream birthday cake in the fridge from the party last night that made a tasty afternoon snack for the girls and I.  Gage had no idea what he was missing because he was snoozing away in his crib.  Another little blessing--NAPS!

 I found the perfect gift to make for Gage from mommy for Christmas.  I cannot wait to get to the fabric store.  Do you think my mom will watch the kids while I do MORE sneaky shopping?  :)

I picked up some fine red glitter at the craft store so we can do Red Glitter Toes for the holidays.  Festive???  You bet!

As of Saturday at around 2:00 in the afternoon, all of the toys in our house had been sorted and placed in their correct place/bin/cupboard on their designated level of the house.  And suddenly, everything is cool again. 

I found the box of maternity clothes (that have been lost since I was prego with Natalie) when we were cleaning out the garage!  Just like that, my useable wardrobe doubled.  Sweet action.  I have some pants that fit without the assistance of a rubber band around the button.

I just got word that a book I have been wanting to read is on hold and ready for pick-up at the library.

Cord goes to work every day so I can stay home and play with the kids.  I never do quite get over the fact that my job is to have fun.  Being a mom is the coolest. 

All Gage wants for Christmas is a spider-man toothbrush.  They are $1 at the dollar store.

Costco sells Hot Chocolate in bulk...

I could go on and on, but I should probably stop.  It is time to make dinner and I get to use my new pastry cutter (that I also got at the apple class) to make homemade biscuits.  Lets see if I can get them to turn out nice and flaky!  Fingers crossed... 

And Happy Thanksgiving Week.  I am sure I will have to post some pics of the food we eat and of the lovely people we get to spend the day with on Thursday.  It's going to be great...

2 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, that is a lot to be grateful for! And there is so much more I know :) I can't wait for Turkey Day. I love the Food!! A little too much, but oh well, it's only once a year. Can't wait to meet the newest Belnap Boy in 3 months! I LOVE to stay home and (work), I mean play with the kids too. he...he..

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Great post Adelle. ♥ you!