Thursday night we got thinking that a trip up to the Uinta Mountains sounded like fun.
Friday afternoon we were packed, loaded, and ready to go!
Who would have known we would be camping this weekend? Not me.
Dax and Monica were planning on heading out this weekend as well.
Instead of flipping a coin for the tent trailer, we decided to share it and combine our adventures!
Dax and Monica were planning on heading out this weekend as well.
Instead of flipping a coin for the tent trailer, we decided to share it and combine our adventures!
It had been awhile since we had camped in the pines.
The first thing I noticed when we stepped out of the car was the smell.
I took a big deep breath of that good ole' piney woods candle aroma - only it was the real deal.
Here are a few pics from our outing.
We nabbed a sweet campsite that was really private and had a great "backyard" to explore.
The kids gathered a bunch of wood, and the big boys gathered their fair share of wood as well.
They did plenty of chopping and sawing and hacking away at the fallen trees.
We needed the fire to keep us warm.
It was FREEZING.
I was a bit like the weather. Sometimes I was feeling good and singing Kumbaya
and then I would get cold and nauseated and I'd want to clean up and head home!
Luckily, my Kumbaya moments won and we ended up having a nice little trip --
rain and all!
Here are a few pics from our outing.
We nabbed a sweet campsite that was really private and had a great "backyard" to explore.
The kids gathered a bunch of wood, and the big boys gathered their fair share of wood as well.
They did plenty of chopping and sawing and hacking away at the fallen trees.
We needed the fire to keep us warm.
It was FREEZING.
Gage wanted to do everything Cord did.
He walked by the cutest little pine tree and said,
"Mommy, a Christmas Tree!"
I love watching the kids play in the forest.
We woke up Saturday morning to a crazy thunder and lightening storm.
The rain was crashing down on the trailer.
We were glad we were inside.
After one loud Ca-BOOM rumbled our trailer,
Gage said, in his cute soft voice with eyes as wide as saucers,
"Mom, it's really loud!"
It sure was!
The weather had mood shifts all day from rain to sun and then rain to sun.
We were lucky it finally ended up picking sun for the most part.
The girl's were cute to play games inside.
They decorated themselves with stickers and played with their plush animals.
Monica and I had to come into the trailer to get warm during one of the "rain" sessions!
Don't we look toasty!
Here we are enjoying the sun.
Fishin...
Cord showed the kids how to really throw rocks in the lake!
We had some awesome dutch oven rolls, pot roast, and other yummy fixings for dinner.
It was some seriously good camp food.
Our fire was so warm and toasty. It was fun to sit and chat and enjoy the great outdoors.
I was a bit like the weather. Sometimes I was feeling good and singing Kumbaya
and then I would get cold and nauseated and I'd want to clean up and head home!
Luckily, my Kumbaya moments won and we ended up having a nice little trip --
rain and all!


2 comments:
Way to be spontaneous! I LOVE camping in the Pines :) It was chilly when we were up there a week ago, and that was during the day. I think Fall is coming for sure. Glad you guys had another fun adventure!!
Looks totally fun! By the way..congrats on the new baby! That is so exciting!
Post a Comment