Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Three Things


ONE

I skipped Cord's birthday in my posting because it happened while Lib and I were in California!  We did do some celebrating before we left though.  We got Cord a new water kite for his birthday, so on Labor Day, we headed up to Pine View to try it out.  After a yummy breakfast at Ryan's house our little fam loaded up the paddle boards and headed to the lake.  The kids got plenty of rides and had fun playing in the sand.  I saw a SNAKE on the beach that scared me to death.  EEK!





 

Cord kept waiting and waiting for the wind to pick up so we could test out the kite!  Of course, it was as sill as could be.  We decided to have a barbeque lunch at the Yacht Club with Cord's parents.  Brighton and her fam came up as well.  We had a yummy meal and then went for a boat ride.

The wind was just blowing enough to get the kite in the air, so Cord gave it a shot riding with the paddle board.  He got pulled quite a ways down the water and then we picked him up in the boat!  I think he is excited about the new toy!




Cord and I are both THIRTY this year.  It is nice to be pretty much the same age.  Hopefully, we can slowly grow old together.  Cord's mom had a party for him while Lib and I were away! 

TWO

Last Saturday we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday by doing our hike up and over Mt. Ogden!
It was so fun and so hard and so worth it.  :)

It was 9.2 miles UP UP UP!

I am so impressed with my mom and her ability to stay happy and active and fun.
She is such a great mom.  We all love her so much and want to be just like her.


Me and my awesome mom on top of the world!
 
(Starting to see a baby bump!)

After the hike, our entire family met us at Snow Basin for a birthday picnic.
The scenery was beautiful and the day was just perfect.
It is so nice to be outside and enjoy our beautiful mountains!
 

That same day, Cord did a 23 mile bike ride up Mt. Ben Lomond and over into Mantua. 
Needless to say we were both ready to put our feet up and relax that evening...

THREE

Last night, I got a serious inkling to get up and see the fall leaves.
The mountains just call to me during this time of the year!
I rounded up some troops and we headed up to South Fork for a picnic and walk.

I am so glad that my family is up for last minute outings!
The drive up over the divide was so beautiful.
By the time we got to the campground I think we had said the words,
"LOOK!" and "So Pretty" and "Beautiful" like a million times!

We had the whole campground to ourselves.
Probably, because it was closed and we had to sneak in.  :)


My kids love their lunch boxes.
Serioulsy, it is like their favorite thing.
Sometimes we pack our lunch boxes to eat at the kitchen table.
They were so cute to carry them to the picnic spot and eat their little meal.
I love how much spunk kids have!
 

Grandpa brought Cheetos, so Gage was happy.
He kept saying, "This is fun!"


My mom and I went for a nice walk, the kids played at the playground, we threw rocks in the river, we ran around with the dog, we at yummy food....

I seriously love Fall!


My good camera battery was dead and my backup old camera had just enough juice to take these few photos before it bit the dust.
The pictures cannot do the colors justice.  You have to see it in person!


Cord had his softball games last night at the ball park, so he couldn't make it!
We might just have to go do it again...

No comments: